1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Blouse Cutting & Stitching Instructions

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Varloo, Feb 15, 2006.

1. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi puja,

single katori blouse - draft is same as normal blouse. After cutting the front part, draw a curve starting from the mid neck to the side down [ 3-4 inches away from the side seams joining the front and the back sides down along the armscye. Am i clear?

2. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

hi sabari,glad that u have replied,wish we can chat sometime when ur free,
    i have a no.of queries , firstly i would like to ask u for a draft for stitching a blouse in general ,and one for me,i mean as per my measurements,am sorry if am causing u any trouble with my doubts,my measurements are like chest-39,lenght -15 ,front lenght-15 shoulder-14,and i have tried stiching a blouse using vanajas draft but didnt get it it right,how do we calculate neck width,arm hole length,belt patti,sleeve width,and in the armhole part the curve drawn from 5-3 in the pic,while cutting the curve for front part and the back part what would be the differnce ,hope ur gettting me,every time i stiched my blouse will be real tight in the front part where asthe one that my tailor stitches for me is perfect,can u tell me why this is happening ,i calculated every thing as per vanajas formulas but didnt work out ,plss help me

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

how to draw the curve from y to 3,6 to x,is there any specific measurment for this like x to y is 1" or 1.5" like how she has given for z to 5 as 0.5",for some reason after stitching according to this draft my blouse didnt look good,i was able to make a blouse but not agood loking one,also what i thought is may the meaurements given here will look good for a blouse with high neck , back neck lenght for my blouse is 9 ",what do u think sabari,do we have to use a different draft for high necked blouses and low neck blouses,

Attached Files:

4. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi divyagera,

preparing a draft and customising it is too much of a work for me and am sorry i can't do that.

As for y'r doubts.. ...... Ms. vanaja's draft is working for u ....... did u learn sewing from a teacher / do u have y'r draft to help u with? from whom did u learn sewing if not from a teacher?

As for vanaja's draft , i quickly brushed thru' it and to me all the points are explained . Curve 5-3, i assume is clearly explained.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  5. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi divya,

again the same question - did u learn how to sew a blouse from a teacher?

6. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

hello sabari ,
    i have not learned sewing from any b ody else my mother sews a bit and so from her a bit and with my own ideas i stitch.and do u think that vanajas draft is what i should follow exactly?

7. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi divyagera,

i feel u sh'd learn sewing from a teacher . U may learn it from y'r mom too if she has learnt ...... i can't comment abt y'r mom as i knew nothing abt her.

Sewing a blouse is not so easy , according to me, without a formal knowledge. Loose garments are easy to sew - nightie to start with. Learning to draft is the first step. Trouble shooting requires lot of practice and guidance from experienced ppl. So, that's what i feel.

8. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

hi sabari thank you for ur advice,actually i felt the samee long long back but was never sure if it is the only ultimate solution ,was waiting for a proffesional advice for this and now that even u felt the same i will do it definately,but just one more request which kind of course do u advice like ,i have noticed that in IL even after doing a course in training many are having doubts and many of them dont know like all kinds of training,do u think is common ,will there be any course where i can learn all kinds of tailoring,or how does this work?pls let me know because now am searching seriously to join somwhere for tailoring,but confused...........

9. purnima22

purnima22 New IL'ite

How to stitch a blouse?

Hi all,

I bought a sewing machine few mths ago. My mil used it few times and now I want to start using it.

I find it difficult and expensive to find good tailors here in US.

I want to learn to stitch a saree blouse - simple pattern first.

Can someone please guide me how to go abt? Are there any online tutorials.
    I think we should form a group and see if we can find someone who can walk s through this process step by step. Should be good fun.

Any tutors available to provide instructions online?

10. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite