1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Blouse Cutting & Stitching Instructions

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Varloo, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Bhanvi

Bhanvi Senior IL'ite

re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

Hai

Thank u dear friends,for giving me the measurement pattern of blouse.Pls could any of u send the same type of measurement patten for short kurtas,with high collar

Thank U

2. rave

rave Senior IL'ite

re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

Vanaja and Varloo Ma'm

Thanks for the blouse cutting patterns Vanaja Ma'm! i want to try it out once I go back home after my hols. Can u also give us tips on how to stitch a crepe blouse with lining? It is so slippery I cannot even cut it properly. Thanx

Revathi

3. mntvasakam

mntvasakam New IL'ite

dear vanaja, i tried to cut the paper pattern with the measurements. while doing i got confused about the measurement of "shoulder level to "cup" fall point". can u please explain little bit more how to measure this. one more thing even with hands cutting i had a problum. the final curves of sleeves are not matching with the bodice. once again i am requesting u to explain. thank u

1 person likes this.
  4. kmangina

kmangina New IL'ite

hi mam,
    Thanks for the salwar and saree blouse drafts and instructions..
    have been looking around for some time..
    will definitely try stitching one...

5. leelagk

leelagk Gold IL'ite

saree blouse cutting pattern

i want a cutting paper pattern instruction of a bracut saree blouse.i hope it should be very useful for every woman who wants to selfstitch her own blouse. thank u.

6. vansailu

vansailu New IL'ite

Hi

I want to know the South Indian Style Sarree Blouse pattern. Any help would be highly appreciated. I got a machine for sewing.. This would be my start and you will be my Guru..Thanks

7. sakidran

sakidran Silver IL'ite

Re: Hi

Hi! Vansailu,

Welcome to IL, i try to post some patterns later!

8. aruna_sudha

aruna_sudha Silver IL'ite

Re: Hi

patters means, cutting or blouse designs. please specify.:welcome

9. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Revathi,

If the cloth is too slippery just "pin" it along with the lining cloth wherever necessary with headpins and try cutting and the same can be followed for stitching too.

10. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi,

I think you are talking about stitching a blouse. The dotted line which you see from the shoulder level to the point "E" is the measurement for "shoulder level to cup fall point". Just keep the tape on the shoulder line and take it to the point where the breasts fall (right side) that gives you the "Front length".

The first curve starting from "6" is your front curve and the second curve starting from "Y" is your back curve of the body.

In the sleeve, the curve 0,5,8,9 is your front curve and 0,6,9 is your back curve.

So, attach front curve of the sleeve with the front curve of the body and back with the back.