1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Blouse Cutting & Stitching Instructions

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Varloo, Feb 15, 2006.

1. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi all,

I would like to know if anyone had tried the katori blouse using Sunitha's draft?

regards,
    sabari

2. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi Archana,

I am glad you will now be able to try it out and let us all know how it comes out. Waiting for your comments.

3. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi sunitha,

i 've a few doubts in this draft. Irecently went thru' a book and drafted the double katori as per that [ which if u remember i had already told u] . i've a similar confronting point here. The point Z_K is 2". If u actually remember,we'll have to stitch 1.5" inwards on the line MI. This essentially means that the curve is only 0.5" from the seam line. But, the double katori blouse that i have [ not stitched by me] has a v. clear demarcating curve , which is 2" from the seam line. This means, Z_K has to be 3.5- 4".

Why i'm saying this is , i have tried the double katori personally 2 months back [ not with y'r draft though] , but the result was not so good. So, i decided to personalise it. But, since u said u were doing it , i sought y'r favour. Not that, i didn't want to try y'r draft, but u see i'm in USA, and clothes are too expensive - and so i'm afraid to try.

That's why i was asking if someone has tried. When i went thru' the patiala salwar draft , i know this would work. Again, i was confident , but didn't try b'cos of the same reason. I recently made a collar type kameez. The salwar bottom, since i've only 2.5 m cloth of 35" width, i wish to try the cross piece draft as posted by archu[ if i'm right] and subsequently a few points being made clear by u as well.i shall try to post the picture once i'm done

regards,
    sabari

4. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sabari,
    I understand your point but am slightly confused though. Since I have not sewn this myself, I will not be able to pin point and clarify your doubts. Can you post the blouse that you already have as referred by you, so that I can see your point clear? I understand your concern with due repsect. If you are not in a hurry, I suggest that you wait for some time till I am able to sew or maybe Archu will try too.

Hey, do post the kameez that you have stitched.

5. komalankomal

komalankomal New IL'ite

blouse stitching

heloo
    iam a new member komalan i am a beginner in tailoing please help for my questions

can i get cutting videos of blouse for stiching:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  6. seamstress

seamstress New IL'ite

7. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi sunitha,
    i'll wait for somebody to sew the double katori and post the pictures. for the blouse andsalwar kameez pics, i should wait for my husband to help me post the pics.

regards,
    sabari

8. komalankomal

komalankomal New IL'ite

blouse,kurtis

cutting methods. please help me by giving draewings

9. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Re: blouse,kurtis

Hi Komala,

Please refer to the threads exclusively for blouses, salwar kameez etc in the same forum. You will find all that you are looking for.
    Hope this helps.

10. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

sunitha
    thankyou for the double katori blouse draft......