1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar,Kameez,Chudidhar, Punjabi,Patiala Instructions

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by sunkan, Aug 27, 2005.

1. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar,Kameez,Chudidhar, Punjabi,Patiala Instruction

Hi Lupie,
    you cannot do that. pleats will not drape properly.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar,Kameez,Chudidhar, Punjabi,Patiala Instruction

Thanks Shanti, Isnt there any other remedy to fix drooping shoulder??

Recently I gave one of my salwar material for sewing and they have got the shoulder part correct but the figure part all wrong and it looks like a gunny bag:rotflwhaen worn is there any remedy to correct it? Please help:bowdown

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  3. lupie

lupie New IL'ite

Thank you for your reply vani. Youve saved me from ruining my suit.

4. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Hi Saheli.Shoulder measurements should be measured from the prominent bone of one shoulder to other. If the neck is deep we have to take 1/4 " less. some say that we have to take measurements as 6" 28" to 32" chest ,above that 6.5" to 7".

1 person likes this.
  5. FarEast

FarEast New IL'ite

what is Pakistani style shalwar?

hi everyone. I live in Russia but like very much shalwar kameez. i tried to find the style which will suit me -for that i made a big search in internet looking for drafts to sew and try on me as we have no ready made salwar kameez shops in my city. The thing is its Russia and people look very negatively at any strange cloth while i find shalwar kameez very comfortable for city life. I can use fabrics which dont look too exotic and kameez is ok but shalwars mostly have pleating or gatherings and look baggy but churidar as i heard is used fior special occasions. i read somewhere that pakistani style shalwar is different and without gatherings. Could anyone send me its draft? Special hopes on Artvani.:) your site is very very helpful. many thanks. Nafisa

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  6. ARIES

ARIES Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vani, i just thought of you this evening, think of the angle there you are! I found it too hard to fix the border same like the green one but in my pattern i am just giving an impression as angrakha model even i tried it as cutting the border as we do for the bias but still unsuccessful.The material what i am stitching is mangalgiri cotton, the neck also as 'V' neck but not perfect 'v' border extending to left side till the waist. Can u pls help. Thank you!

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

@Vani,
    Your help is needed here dear.......

8. sananu

sananu New IL'ite

can u teach me how to sew reversible pajamas

9. megaflower

megaflower New IL'ite

Hi Everybody,
    I found very useful tips over here...
    like to know any one can help me on cutting 'samosa' or "wrap-around salwar" pls....:drowning
    really wishing to stitch to my kid...
    Thank u all in advance...:)

10. sarojshivanand

sarojshivanand New IL'ite

helo madam i want to know the cutting and drafting of pleated patiala (it is called dhoti pant of 4mts ) pls help me :drowning
    i am regularly reading all ur instructions and learnt so many things of stitching but i don't now this salwar also i want to know the cutting of gather slawar pls show me that salwar also.:bonk