1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar,Kameez,Chudidhar, Punjabi,Patiala Instructions

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by sunkan, Aug 27, 2005.

1. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : katori blouse

hi sunita,

did u finish yr katori blouse? How was the fitting? Just curious to know. I happened to go thru' the draft for the katori blouse [not sure who posted] from the zaparkar system of cutting. I am not sure of the fitting as per the draft unless some modifications are done [ just my feelings]. So, i wanted to confirm it with you.

regards,
    sabari

2. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : katori blouse

Hi Sabari,

I have completed sewing the katori blouse, but yet to complete the hemming and sewing the hooks. Will have to try after that. Otherwise it seems OK for a first time. Maybe after I try it once complete, I will know the alterations for the next one.

I have not tried based on the Zarapkar system. What I was taught by my teacher is what I have tried. Proper fitting blouse is something we can get only after several trials and alterations. This is my feeling. I will try to make a draft of the same and share it. It takes a lot of time to make the draft and notes, because I have to keep in mind the user who will be reading it. It has to be simple yet easy to understand.

3. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar - Kameez, Chudidhar, Punjabi Dress Instructio

Hi Sabari,

I am sorry if the terms are confusing you. I am just posting a picture to show the terms that I use (so that you do not get confused with me).

In the picture, the pant is called Chudi - one that has gathers (Chudi means bangales). The top is called the anarkali kameez. Kameez is always the top and Salwar / chudi is always the bottom. The normal pant that we wear for a salwar kameez is the salwar. Please do not take this otherwise.

My understanding is that anarkali pattern is applicable only for the salwar top (kameez) and the salwar pant always remains a Chudi ( the attached picture is an anarkali suit). That is why I asked the question. Is this still confusing? Hey very sorry yar if so.

Attached Files:

4. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar - Kameez, Chudidhar, Punjabi Dress Instructio

5. vibhadubey

vibhadubey New IL'ite

Hi, I need help in cutting and stitching churidaars. Can someone please attach a draft alongwith instructions .Thanks in advance:)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  6. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

pls refer to the earlier posts / pages in this thread.

-sabari

7. mayru

mayru New IL'ite

Re: kowl salwar

This salwar is more like samosa salwar and dhoti

how did you put the side pleats ? i can never get that right i started the dhoti salwar but cant finsh it due to the side pleats .

where am i going wrong ?

8. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi sunitha,

how r u? it has been a long times since we met here. So, did u try the katori blouse [ the double katori]? I'm eagerly waiting for y'r reply. Pls mail me even if u r not satisfied with the fitting.

regards,
    sabari

9. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

hai aanyakaul....
    see the following link
    YouTube - Stitch Shalwar

10. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Re: kowl salwar

Hi Mayru,

Please refer to the draft for Kowl salwar that I have posted in the thread for salwar kameez. I think that will help you in correcting yourself.