1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

any body having idea of singer fashion maker 8280??any reviews?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by radhasujana, Dec 1, 2013.

1. radhasujana

radhasujana New IL'ite

any body having idea of singer fashion maker 8280??any reviews?

i am planning to purchase this ?please suggest

2. vinu01

vinu01 New IL'ite

I don't know if you purchased it or not! Anyway, last week, I bought singer 8280 from singer India pvt ltd showroom for Rs 8500/-. After discussions with friends and dealers, I decided to choose singer brand because of its stitch quality and durability. After studying the features of each model and considering my budget, I decided to choose either 8280 or stitch magic, and then zeroed in on 8280 comparing the pros and cons.

1) The stitch magic has fiber bobbin case, costs approx Rs 250/-, which might break if needle touches it. The 8280 model has metallic robbin case so only the needle breaks which costs only Rs 5/-. The issue happens if the needle is not fitted properly, bent or move the fabric by force while stitching.

2) The stitch magic has more stitching patterns compared to 8280 but the basic features and quality is same.

3) The stitch magic has more features & options which means more chances for issues and repair cost. The auto threading feature is not that much easy to use, delicate and prone to damage easily. The replacement cost is also high. This is common to auto threading feature in other branded machines also.

4) Even with these drawbacks, stitch magic is a good choice if we do a lot of embroidery work! It has a good number of stitching patterns, controls and fittings for embroidery work.

I am mainly interested in general stitching works so decided to go for singer 8280.

MY experience with the machine is good, and the speed controller is very smooth,easy and gives much control even at slow speed. So, I recommend singer 8280 if you are looking for machine for general stitching works with a little embroidery work, and the stitch magic is good choice if your main purpose is embroidery work and your are in tight budget.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi, happened to see your query now only- so do not know if this will help you. Anyway, i have been using the basic fashion maker singer 8280 model since last one year. I find it perfectly suits the basic machining requirements as well as other items like stitiching edging(zigzag) basic embroidery etc.

1 person likes this.
  4. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

hi freinds
    Well explained and in need of these kind of guidance for a quite a long time. Thanks .

5. radhasujana

radhasujana New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    thaks a lot for your replies.

I have not yet purchased it.. I have to

can any body suggest any other branded sewing machine for domestic use for normal stitching ,picot,overlocking,zigzag.

I welcome all your suggestions.

I have learnt stitching by seeing videos in the internet.I have stitched two punjabi dresses and 2 blouses by using normal stitching machine.Finishing came out well..Soon I will post them

Thanks
    Radha Sujana

6. radhasujana

radhasujana New IL'ite

thanks a lot for clear explaination Vinu

I wanted to know few more things about singer 8280.

will they give sewing machines table along with machine or we have to buy it separately.
    can we fix it in the place existing machine's place?
    If we have to purchase the table how much it will cost?

7. sewnembcrazy

sewnembcrazy Silver IL'ite

I would suggest usha or novel rather whatever ur budget allows