Which is best CBSE or ICSE

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Anithapraveen, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Anithapraveen

Anithapraveen New IL'ite

Hi all,

Which Syllabus is best CBSE or ICSE?
    Waiting for the inputs...

Thanks
    Anitha

2. rena2010

rena2010 Senior IL'ite

There are already lot of threads opened up for this discussion :)
    We can't say which one is best since each one has its own pros and cons. Also it depends on how much pressure a student can take up.

CBSE is comparatively easier than ICSE and also CBSE syllabus helps students to qualify in various entrance examinations. Also when it comes to high school, ICSE becomes tougher and it puts lot of pressure on a student and he/she finds it difficult when it comes to entrance exams. ICSE gives more importance for literature and they have several segregation whereas in CBSE its not and student finds it somewhat easier. It also depends on the level of intelligence of the student.

If you search in google for "what is the difference between cbse and icse", you can get more detailed answers.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I would prefer ICSE over CBSE. I have studied in a school which follows ICSE syllabus and these are the +ves and -ves:

+ves:
    1. Focus on understanding the topic rather than just learning the text book by heart and repeating in exams. This type of learning becomes very useful in later life and especially in competitive field like IT
    2. Science subjects are very competitive. After completing my 10th, +2 was a cake walk

-ves:
    1. Languages are given very high importance. Probably this is a -ve only for me as i love science and poor in languages :bonk
    2. For the same amount of study, you tend to score less marks than CBSE or state syllabus because they are easier. So this syllabus is not for parents who would like their kids to score a very high percentage.

Why i prefer ICSE: ICSE stresses on learning and understanding the subjects rather than learning the text book by heart. Cultivating this method of learning has helped me come a long way, both in my professional course as well as my career.

-Lakshmi

1 person likes this.
  4. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi,

I've no clue abt ICSE, for i studied in the CBSE stream. CBSE is that easy uptil 10th standard, even when compared to a state syllabus [ i compared it with the Tamilnadu state syllabus ].

But, +1, +2 syllabus of CBSE is ultimate. It is equivalent to post graduate syllabus [ i meant M.Sc.] . U wouldn't believe if i were to tell u that i used my friend's +2 text to study my M.Sc. So, it actually makes no sense to study an M. Sc. syllabus at +2 level , unless u're a prodigy, without actually understanding the concept.

Our school used to hire lecturers to teach +1 / +2. I safely shifted to the state gove. syllabus in +1/+2.