Queries, questions about various schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sowjvin, Dec 19, 2006.

Best CBSE School in Chennai

1. Padma seshadri

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. DAV, Gopalapuram

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. NPS, Gopalapuram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ginu

ginu New IL'ite

DAV Velachery

Hi,

I have a daughter about 2.5 years old, we live in Velachery and I would very much prefer putting her in a CBSE school. DAV Velachery seems to be the only CBSE School in this area. Any feedback on the school would be most welcome. I've heard that the teachers seems to change every couple of months... this is not a very healthy atmostphere...!

Rgds.,

Ginu

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: DAV Velachery

Recently a parent said her child did not like the kg atmosphere in dav...was crying a lot...try other schools....dav velachery has lost its sheen.....and if the teachers change every month then it is difficult..as that age...they tend to get attached to the teacher.....

3. ginu

ginu New IL'ite

Thanks, Shanthi....

I am new to Velachery. Can you suggest some good schools in Velachery? We live near the Vijayanagar bus stand. I've checked out Akshayah (but it is a very new school, and I'm not able to get much feedback). Are there any good schools at all in Velachery? I had pined my hopes on DAV, but am getting consecutive negative feedback.

Rgds.,

Ginu

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi ginu,

My kids are studying in St.Brittos..visit the school and make your own opinion... It is in velachery but towards adambakkam.....there is transport facilities....

Welcome to St.Brittos Academy

5. ginu

ginu New IL'ite

Hmm... that far huh? I'm really looking for something a bit closer... this is Matriculations Syllabus, right?

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ginu,

IT is not so far....lot of velachery residents send the children there..infact i am far off..we are near madipakkam and my kids go by the school bus..
    they are cbse syllabus.

you could check out arsha vidyalaya, ashram....all are good schools...but arsha has not got affliation ....

7. HemaJay

HemaJay New IL'ite

Re: Hi

Hi Shanvy,

You have mentioned that your kids are in St. Britto's academy. I am looking for UKG admission in that school for my son. He is doing LKG at Ambattur T.I school. In the next academic year, we are planning to shift to Velachery. Is St. Britto's academy the good choice?

What is the admission procedure for UKG? When I called the school office, they told they will be giving out application forms in the month of January 2008. Please let me know the fees structure also. Is it not affordable for a middle class? Please help me on this.

Regards,
    Hema

8. hkarthika

hkarthika New IL'ite

School admission

Hi,
    Can someone help me out to let me know if the MCC Campus school in Tambaram has started giving application forms for LKG admission?

Thanks,
    Karthika.H

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: School admission

Hi,

I think the school has started issuing applications. please check out from the school.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Hi

Hema,

Saw your pm. was not well. have just logged in to reply to you as well other persons...

The school is issuing application forms from 17th of this month. the fees for UKG...the existing structure...is

1st term...4000rs.
    2nd term 3500
    3rd term 3500

This does not include transport. and also swimming...as swimming is taught only from the 1st standard.

as far as the school is concerned, i kind of feel it is ok. again opinions differ.

all the best.