Honest Reviews On International Schools (IGCSE, American (or) British)

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by PragathaTShri, Jan 27, 2010.

1. PragathaTShri

PragathaTShri New IL'ite

Hi Friends

It's been quite some time around to find admission in best international schools in Chennai. We are relocating from Dubai to Chennai. My daughter is currently admitted to the British curriculum (Year III). I have heard from few of my friends (I am unsure whether it is true) that Lalaji Memorial Omega International School and The British International School are the best schools for NRIs relocating to Chennai considering the curriculum. Please advise honestly which one is the best (or) kindly suggest few more schools where my daughter will find the transition smoother.

Cheers

Pragatha

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Pragadha,

Since you asked for a honest opinion. I would say the normal cbse/icse schools should do for your daughter since she is only at the III. it not so difficult to cope with the syllabbus as the board has revamped the style in case of cbse.

Agreed the transition is great, the fees is also equally great. you can also check out gateway school, british international school. even mcv, in santhome.

To quote one of my friends," there is nothing international about the schools in chennai sans a few though the label serves for extracting more fees."

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  3. newearth

newearth New IL'ite

Hi shanthi,
    You'refriend is so right. There is nothing international about these schools except for the fee. My child is studying in gateway the complete school but, totally disappointed with the Admin and infrastructure of the school. No responsible answer for any of the queries from admin side. I've started to feel that the fee is so not worth it.

Can anyone suggest good school in and around OMR since im planning to put my child in some other school next year.

Thanks.

4. pvinitha

pvinitha New IL'ite

Hello ,

I noticed your post from 2010 about looking for agood school in chennai. at the moment I'm searching for some schools in chennai, since my kids have been studying in overseas.

Can you please advise how did your search go, and which one did you finalise and feedback so far.

Thanks,

5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:welcome Sister Pvinita to IL family,

Please mention the age and the area to suggest schools, Thanks