Schools in Valsarawalkam,Virugambakkam,Saligramam

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by aswinig1980, May 21, 2008.

1. abiramy

abiramy New IL'ite

Re: Do anybody know anything about Pon Vidyasharam,Valasaravakkam in Chennai?

Hi Arthi -

I stay at Porur and am looking for UKG admission for my 4 year old son. Can you help me to prioritise the following schools since I am unable to decide on one among the following schools?

1) La Chatalein - For which I have already got the registration card on 25th October
    2) PSBB Millennium - Initially my son will go to UKG at GST branch and then from 1st standard onwards he will go to Porur branch
    3) Lalaji Omega Internation School

Anyone else who has views on the above school, please help me to prioritise the schools based on academics, extra curricular activities, teachers etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Abiramy.R

2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey abiramy,

I am seriously confused all the more after visiting these schools.. I am not greatly impressed with the first look at the Lalaji Memorial school. I dont mean the infrastructure which is good, teachers mind their own business, canteen looked spic and span and smells good too, lot many ayahs around to monitor the little kids outside classrooms.. but I found many students (atleast 20 - 30 of them) and the parents talking 'very' local tamil. but I dont think I should judge by it.. 'dont judge the book by its cover' is the code now.. I really am in a dilemma about this school. Otherwise the education system and other activities are wonderful, No Partiality too.

In La Chat.. I found a part of such local crowd.. but given no other choice of CBSE schools, I would prefer La Chat to any other matric school.

I am not in favour (my personal opinion) of PSBB Millenium for whatever it is. Many parents with children there are happy with it but if you have the paying potential then you could go for it. I wonder how parents with 2 children will ever afford that kind of education. The main reason that pulls me back is that PSBB K K ngr (with all the name and fame) is far more economical than PSBB millenium. I hear KGs are in centralised A/C.. am not sure if I want my kid to be in A/C classrooms, even if it is only for the first few years..

I may be wrong but this is JMO. Please share your thoughts too.

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Arent you looking at Pon Vidyasharam, Valasaravakkam?

just realised this thread too talks abt Pon Vidyashram --

I posted this else where too..

need very quick help friends!

We submitted appl form for Pon Vidyasharam last week and today got a call askign us to come for interview tomorrow. If we get thru the interview - pay full year fees by cheque immidiately or in a day... I am just not prepared to pay the fees as I want to wait and see if we get thru in other schools like PSBB (K K Ngr).. I dont want to be in a fix if (at all) we get selected in PSBB ( Arghh, high hopes!).. I want some time! No other schools are so quick..

In one way I feel Pon Vidyashram is just trying to finish its process quick so they have funds for their construction / whatever plans by having the parents pay the full fees.. Uhhh.. I am runnig out of time.

pls tell me if I am right in thinking this way.

4. pradeepa2008

pradeepa2008 New IL'ite

hi manju

sorry for the late reply,i live in vadapalani near bus depot.

iam not satisfied with vani vidhyalaya,they speaks tamil in the class room.

they wont use school diary to communicate with parents,i fought for that.
    like these many things which i dont like from that school

i plan to change my daughter to some other school,i heard psbb millimenem is good,problem is distance,but school bus comes to our place.

thanks
    pradeepa:drowning

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

ThankS pradeepa for your comments. Which class your daughter Goes to
    ?

6. KMANJU

KMANJU New IL'ite

wanted to abt Chinmaya Vidyalaya,Virugambakkam

hi,

i'm thinking to send my daughter for LKG in Chinmaya Vidyalaya,Virugambakkam , but before that wanted to abt the school performance from someone who are sending their kids in this school or who knows someone studying there.

it will be of great help if i can get a proper guidance for my daughter's admission

7. KMANJU

KMANJU New IL'ite

manjulats,

i'm also searching for the school performances of some of the school's which u have mentioned and i came to know that (this is according to my view)
    --AVM Rajeswari(Virugambakkam)-- too good for extracurricular as well as studies but not cbse
    --
    Devi academy(alwarthirunagar)-- affordable , average but till ukg they will speak in tamil with kids
    --
    Chinmaya vidyala(virugambakkam)-- i'm also waiting for others view

8. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

KManju,

Which school is your daughter currently studying?Are you changing the school that she is currently studying.I will go for either Lachatline or Chinmaya as of now,whichever school my daughter gets admission ,becoz it might take some time for me to come there.I will put her currently in one school and planning to do the research once I come over there.So gathering all views now.

9. KMANJU

KMANJU New IL'ite

manjulats,

my daughter is recently in devi academy as i was also researching for better school so i thought to send her to nearby school, now i'm waiting for reply from someone abt chinmaya and vani vidyalaya.

--------------
    manju

10. abiramy

abiramy New IL'ite

Hai Aarthi,

Please dont opt for PonVidhyashram, valasaravakkam. I heard lots and lots of -ve comments about the school. Comparitatively PSBB Millenium is far far better. I have now come to conclusion regarding the priority of the schools. My 1st preference will be to PSBB Millenium since distance vise it is very close and also they concentrate on both extra curricular and studies. I have few of my colleague's children who are presently studying at Porur branch and as such I have not heard any -ve comments on this school. My next choice will be La chatelein, the reason for throwing this school to 2nd is that, PSBB millenium admissions get closed by 23rd Dec, whereas Lachatelein results will be known only by Jan end. In case my son gets selected in PSBB Millenium, I am ready to pay the donation part and get the seat blocked for him rather than wait till jan end to know the result of Lachatelein which may or may not be +ve. My 3rd choice will be Lalaji, whose admission is also getting closed by Dec end. In case I get selected to PSBB Millenium, i will drop off lalaji else i will go for it and block the seat for Lalaji. In any case if both PSBB Mil and Lalaji turns -ve then i just need to pray god to get the seat in Lachatelein which will be my final option.

Regards,
    Abiramy.R