how to get admission in DAV girls school annanagar for LKG

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sangeethaBaskar, Sep 21, 2008.

1. sangeethaBaskar

sangeethaBaskar Senior IL'ite

hi,
    Iam Mrs.SangeethaBaskar.At present residing in switzerland.I have one daughter.I want to put her in DAV girls CBSE school annanagar in june 2009.we will be returning to india next year.My daughter is born in switerland.I heard it is difficult to get seat in DAV.can anybody help?i want to know on what basis they are admitting kids in their school.we are ready to give even donations.please can anybody help?

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi

Why dont you write to the Prinicpal of the school directly, he will guide you. It is a reputed school and it will be easy to hear from the horse's mouth. Write to them directly and also ask them to mention about the donation - how much do they charge. you can ask for their contact number and later speak to them too.

3. vasumathy2002in

vasumathy2002in New IL'ite

Hello all,

This is Vasumathy currently at Sunnyvale, CA USA. My daughter is doing her Pre K at school Sunyvale, CA. We are moving the 1st week of Jan 2009 to Chennai, . We will be mostly around Annanagar and wanted to get some advise on admissions into LKG in middle of the year in Schram academy or any other schools? Do you have any experiences on this ? Appreciate any answers on this regard. Thanks a lot in advance.. Have a very nice day ladies...

Regards
    Vasumathy

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
  4. veena85

veena85 New IL'ite

Hi, Snageetha,

This is veena Murugan I wish to throw some light for your query.
    I know it is bit to late for you but I can give you some information
    because my son is studying in D.A.V Boys school annanagar , He will finish his L.K.G in April 2009.So I can tell you the admission procedure here.
    Firstly they will issue the applications in the month of Jan,
    Next they normally prefer to give seats to kids whose parents are central government employs , military, state employs, then to kids whose parents are teachers.
    Then your child should be within the age limit given by the school.
    They dont charge any donation at all and the fees is very modarate compared to other schools in the locale.The results will be pasted on the notice board on the given date which will have the admin no given to you if the given number appears in the chart which means you are in .
    Then all you need to do is to pay the full years fees in advance.

I think this information will help you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
  5. Moumita4u

Moumita4u New IL'ite

Hi Veena,
    I'm new user of IndusLadies.My soon is now 2yr 4mnths old and he
    is going to play school.I'm living at Annanagar and I'm also interested
    in DAV school.can u guide me regarding this......I want to can I apply
    next yr for my son????

6. Gulf

Gulf New IL'ite

Hi sangeetha,
    have you got the admission? Usually schools admission will open end of December to January end. You me be in chennai. Particularly for DAV you should stay with in 2 or 3 km, You should have a degree and you child must be between 31/2 to 4 1/2 years old.should not more then 4 1/2 end of june 2009. For this year admission has been over. you have to wait untill January.
    Thanks

7. sangeethaBaskar

my daughter is under age....10 days not enough for her to satisfy their age limit..she vl b eligible only next year that is 2010...my residence is in west mogappair...my husband works for TCS...I was a teacher before marriage but now housewife...

8. sangeethaBaskar

we are going to try in other schools also...but giving preference to DAV...is there any easy way to get in...