Playschool or Montessori

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by muthu21, Jul 15, 2014.

1. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

hi friends..
    My DD is 2years old now..she is trying to speak.. when consulted with my ped he asked me to put her in playschool.. i went ahead and analysed.. i liked kidzee where she said she will enroll my kid for playgroup (i liked it because no study/forcing of kid) but far from my home.. and my husband liked a montesorri based school nearby..she explained the entire montesorri curriculum i too liked it.. but my question is "is it ok to put 2 years old in montessori based school...???"
    i am asking this because it seemed too much activity based, i am ok to enroll when my DD is 3.. but now??
    i went through the forum found many enrolled their kids in montesori so thought would ask you people.. do help me..

thanks,
    Muthu..

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Montessori is brilliant for a two year old. I have a neighbour's child (2.5 yo) who goes to Montessori since he was 1.5 yo; he is so interested in activities and is extremely advanced. In fact I used to do activities at home with my DD based on the sort of activities they do in Montessori nurseries. To me it really helps sharpen kids' focus and sense of responsibility. It is a winner from all angles, IMO. Of course, you have to take a look at the particular Montessori and figure out whether the children there are happy and doing well.

3. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

hi dear.. thanks for the immediate response.. i visited the place when kids were around.. all were enjoying.. my dd left us and went ahead with them.. the one particular thing i liked very much was elder kids take care of younger ones.. a staff there requested one particular boy to take care of my dd and he did.. (like how it happens in our families..)
    when we were about to leave he came and asked "naalaikum varuviya paapa..??" (will you come tomorrow..??)