School Admissions for 2014 - 2015

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by chad, Aug 27, 2013.

1. chad

chad Silver IL'ite

Admin Note: Please have a look at our post 7 Tips to Choose the Right Day Care Centre for your Child for more tips and suggestions.

Hello every one,

My DD will be completing 2.5 years by this october so planning to join her in the @ euro kids Valasaravakkam.
    we are nearing to september then again its the time for the 2014 - 2015 school admissions .Normally in chennai the applications are avilble from Oct onwards in their respective sites.
    we need to start searching for some good schools for our Little one's and this is very help ful information by exchanging the ideas
    Since we are staying at Valasaravakkam ..here is my shortlisted school list with some feed backs.Please pour your thoughts and advises to choose a better school for our Lil ones
    1.PSBB KK Nagar - 1st Dec - Online registration in Oct/Nov, Residence <3km www.psbbschools.ac.in
    2. PSBB Millennium - 1st Dec - Issuing application in Oct
    3. Chinmaya Vidyalaya - (only from LKG) 10th Dec - Online registration Nov/Dec, Residence <3km
    4. Amrita Vidyalaya - ?? - Online registration in Nov
    5. La Chatelaine - 1st Jan to 31st May - Issuing application in Oct, Residence <2 km
    6. Vani Vidyalaya - 30th Nov - Issuing appn in Oct/Nov
    7. Devi academy - Nov/Dec will close by March
    and we have already start visiting some of the schools like La Chatelaine ,Devi academy and Pon Vidyasaramam

La Chatelaine:Environment is Good ,Less fee,less pressure for working parents
    -ives:no interaction with the Teachers and parents
    Dont knw what they teach and what happend in side,they didnt allow us to go in side.
    Teachers are mostly talked in Tamil only(heard from one of my colleague)

Devi academy:Fees is Okay,Education and interaction between teachers and Parents are good.
    Communication is good
    -ives:Infrastructure is very bad.
    Not much extra curricular activities

Pon Vidyasaramam:
    i Personally dont like the environment so i dont prefer this.

Please pour your thoughts and advises to choose a better school for our Lil ones...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014

2. tinaedison

tinaedison Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Even i am on look out for schools in the same areas..

SCHRAM Academy ----- Mixed Reviews online (thinking on it--- please give us ur feedback)
    Omega International --- Have heard only Good Feedback from My Neighbours

St Francis international.. --- I have been searching for the reviews since 1 year.. but never found anything - Good / Bad.. i wonder do kids study in this schooll Even on IL i havent found anyone replying for my yearlong post

Same Lachatheline - I have seen my neighbours kid studying PreKG.. no Books, no Home work.. dont know..

Finding a Right school and getting and admission has become a Big Task.. I sincerly request the Forum Moderators to help us getting the Information it can help lot of parents finding the right school

pls

regards
    Christina

3. chad

chad Silver IL'ite

@Reg SCHRAM Academy -Campus and School is good and activities also good over there ..but Fees is bit high..
    Omega International - lot of my neighbours told that it is not that much as we expected.
    Teacher and parents interaction is not taht much good and more over Fees is bit high.
    St Francis international - Sorry even i dont knw abt this.
    Lachatheline - even every body says it have its own positives and negatives..need to see..
    thanks for the feed back..did u visit any schools by person?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  4. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    My DD is 2.5yrs.So,I am looking for some schools in Adambakkam,naganallur area for 2014 -2015. Anybody know any information regarding the application pls help me.

5. chad

chad Silver IL'ite

There are very quite good schools over the area..Dav Adambakkam is one of the good choice..please see this link for more information Good Schools in Chennai

6. sangeethraj

Hi chad, Thanks for the reply. Do you know any school other than DAV. I am planning to get application in two or three schools so that i can get any one. i think so.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

8. chad

chad Silver IL'ite

Chellammal and Maharishi also good schools over there..try in that also..Good Luck..:)

9. chad

chad Silver IL'ite

10. sangeethraj

Thanks a lot Shanvy. It is very helpful for me.