School admissions for 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Vidhya Mohan, Jun 20, 2012.

1. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi shanvy,
    Thanks for the information.
    May i know what is the age limit for pre kg in this schools.

Regards,
    Sangeethraj

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i don't think modern has pre-kg.. dav adambakkam it is 2.6 pre-kg.. check with the school.

3. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the information Shanvy.

Regards,
    Sangeethraj

4. shakucool84

shakucool84 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am Sakunthala and am currently in US. i have a 2.9 years daughter, she'll be turning 3 by Oct 2012. We will be moving to Saligramam, Chennai by this year end. I have a few questions. Please guide me.
    1. We have looked out for PSBB KK nagar and Chinmaya Vidyalaya,Valsarvakkam
    2. Will my kid be eligible for LKG in both schools?
    3. What will be the approx date for application and is it only online?
    4. When will the interview mostly be?
    5. What is the fee structure in both schools? any donations??

Thanks in advance for your help

5. lkrishna

lkrishna New IL'ite

Hi,
    My son is 3 years old and currently studying Pre K.G in Euro kids kotturpuram. We are looking for CBSE schools in and around Adyar. We tried for BVM but not selected in the lot system. My first option in Sankara (heard some good reviews about that school) and Hindu senior secondary school Indira nagar. Could anyone give reviews about those schools? Do they encourage in extra curricular activities? Any bad reviews about those schools? Please suggest if you know anyother schools of CBSE syllabus.
    Thank you.
    Lakshmi

6. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

My sister daughter (3rd std)and 2 of my friend kids(5th and 1 st std respectively) are studying in hindu.No bad reviews but still they have extra activities but stillitis completely on the parentside to takeinitiative and encourage the children tojoin them.Also the class strength is very high (50+) in LKG,UKG which personally i think is very high.
    My son is 21/4 now and i am also looking for schools.I still have Hindu as a last option.

7. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi shakucool84,

I am planning to try Pre-kg for my son in psbb .Psbb will not admit the child in LKG.Have no idea about chinmaya.
    Getting into psbb is always 50-50

8. love2live

love2live New IL'ite

Hi I am residing in pammal. Can you please suggest a good CBSE school for my DD who turns 3 by Feb 2013. I had SSM as an option. But heard that the school is in perungalathur for pre Kg to II std. I dont want my DD to travel such a long distance. I am too scared to send her in bus after hearing abt the accident that took place few days ago. Please suggest me some good school.

9. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

You can try OmegaInternational in Kolapakkam.Heard good reviews about the school.I am alsocollecting review.
    Myson will be 3 years by April 2013.
    Also i think u cannot admit your daughter next year in JM1 (SSM) as she will cross the age limit.Reg JM2,they will give seat only if vacancy is there .I donot know whether they admit kids for vijayadasmi.You can check withthe school.

Shanvy,

Can you please make this thread sticky(I donot know how to doit) insteadof Admission 2012-2013 (which willbe useful ) for all as we are nearing dates to collect application forms

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  10. selvidurai2k

selvidurai2k New IL'ite

Hi Poornima,

I join ur queue....looking for LKG admission for my DD for schools near by medavakkam,
    my preferences are

St johns (which was opened only this yr)
    BVM
    PSBB

Waiting for review for ST johns public school....i guess psbb start issue application from oct ...followed by BVM