Hindi for first standard

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by knsaranya, Apr 4, 2012.

1. knsaranya

knsaranya New IL'ite

dear all, iam from tamil speaking middle class family, i opted for Hindi as second language for my daughter who is starting her first standard this month.
    iam not versed in hindi, at best can understand the spoken hindi.
    is there any way to teach her, other than what she will be learning from school?
    is there any web sites which teaches hindi with sounds ?
    pls guide.

2. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

My son`s 2nd language is Hindi.Till 6th std he had no problems. But he is finding it tough from 7th onwards. My advice is if you are not well versed with Hindi and living in a non hindi speaking state better don`t opt for Hindi. Higher level Hindi is difficult. Please don`t think I am discouraging you. If you really want your kid to excel in Hindi you should create such an atmosphere at home like watching hindi programmes in tv, making her read simple comics, conversing in Hindi etc., We have to create an interest for them in Hindi and encourage when they attempt to make extra reading.This is my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  3. srebu

srebu New IL'ite

yes there are lot of websites to teach hindi to kids. I use kidsone.in. Try to google "teaching hindi to kids" and there will be plenty of websites

1 person likes this.