Age criteria for PRE KG

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by malarvizhim, Mar 28, 2012.

1. malarvizhim

malarvizhim Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

can you please tell me the age criteria for pre-kg in chennai for schools in Siruseri or OMR .My son is turning 2 yrs this may 12th.i'm planning to put him in playschool from next month..Any help is highly appreciated.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

pre-kg 2.5years..

3. ramra

ramra New IL'ite

hi malar,
    It is good if u join ur child at the age of 2 and half for play school.Now u can join him to any day care centre

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    I stay in bangalore..I recently enrolled my kid(2.5 years old) for PreKG in Euro kids and according to their age criteria they say,when you admit your kid for PreKg,He/She should have completed 2.5 years...so this is how they ll consider the class based on the age of the kid...
    1.5-2.5-Playschool
    2.5-3.5::pre KG
    3.5-4.5::Junior KG/LKG
    4.5-5.5::Senior KG/UKG

basically when the kid enters 1std,he/she should have completed 5.5 years by april and many schools are strict in accepting the kid for 1st std only when he/she completes 5 years 10 months(-1,2 months is acceptable by few schools) by JUNE of that year...

i believe the same trend is there in chennai too...CBSE schools take the kid for 1std when he/she completes 5.5 years by april....so make sure you admit your kid at the right age so that he doesnt have to study in the same class again(like prekg,lkg) for another year..

based on your kid's age,i feel you can put your kid in playschool this year and next year,he would be fine for prekg...

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

For 2 years you can Admit him to Pre Nursery or something before Pre KG