Is Play School required for my 2 year old son?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by gopituty, Sep 30, 2011.

1. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Hi All, My son is 2 years old.. In next six months we have to put him in pre-kg.. Is it required to put him in play school now? The reason we want to put him in play school is he doesnt play/mingle with others.. He'll cry a lot if someones comes home :( We are a nuclear family.. So we thought he'll be OK if he goes to play school and start mingling with others.. Is that right?

If I have to put him in play school, should I go only for good ones like Eurokids or any play school will do?

To add.. My wife is a house wife now.. She was working before delivery..

Please help me out..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011

2. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Any suggestions?

3. bjaya

bjaya New IL'ite

Hey I think it is not required to put him in play school.. Your wife being a housewife let your son be with her.. Dont put too much pressure on you LO now..

4. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

Hello Gopi :)

In my view, you can put your LO near-by play school (for 6 months alone) from your home. For the first 1 month, it will be totally different only(he will cry a lot,lot and lot), after that he will settle down for sure. As your wife, being in home, she can take him and have to be in play-school for that 2 hours. Slowly, he will get used to it.

Try it out.....

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

goputity,

i will be moving this post to the school forum in a day..

Since you are going to put him in pre-school, then i suppose there is no need for playschool. if you were thinking of direct nursery then i would suggest playschool.

i feel, a hour /two in a play school works wonders with the child. though your wife is at home, it does add a good factor for your child, learning to move with other kids, and also learning to play in a group happens only in a ps, or else if you have kids in the place you stay, and you child gets to mingle well with them, then there is no need for a ps.

6. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Thanks all for your inputs.. So I have to put him in PS now.. Let me see.. :)

Glasco/Shanvy.. there is another question in my post.. Should I put him branded PS or even the small ones will do? Note: Eurokids and other PS are not neat my house. Will be around 2-3kms. There is a small PS in my next street (Sishri, Arumbakkam) will that be OK? Any suggestions?

Thanks Shanvy for moving it to School forum..

7. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

Hello Gopi :)

As concern to me, if you are satisfied with near-by play school, you can put him there.(Not a real branded required as for play school)...its just to make our LO to socialize well, and also to bring in a habit of school routine,but make sure even its small or big...play school management puts an effort well to make LO at-least a level ahead.

8. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Thanks Glasco.. I'll check it out with the parents in the PS near by and will make a decision..

9. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Hi Gopi,
    In my view, u can put ur kid in play school which is near by ur house. Bcoz in the beginning kids wont stay in school for more than half an hour, so in that case pick up and drop will be easy for u.

Regards,
    Madhumidha

10. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Hi All.. Finally tomorrow is my son's first day in Play school near my house.. You know what they have told.. 'We shall keep him for 30 minutes for 3 days and if he is crying a lot then we cannot take him' :) Lets see..

Thanks for your suggestions..