Discuss school admissions 2012- 2013

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by vanithasekar, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

arsha, pssbb and few other schools have an online submission..do keep checking their websites for the application forms... i was told it could start from this weekend in some schools..that is today..

all the best to the parents...

2. lavanya_28

lavanya_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am looking for admission to Arsha Vidya Mandir or Sunshine at Velachery for my daughter who will be going to 2nd Grade next year. Please let me know when these schools are giving out application form for admission.

Thanks!
    Lavanya

3. vgayatri

vgayatri New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am Gayatri. My son was born in Oct 2009. I am looking to put him in Pre KG in 2012-2013

Do you have any idea regarding "Learning tree montessori school" in adyar?
    Looks like the school offers till III class - Is it good to continue in montessori school beyond KG classes? How do children find the transition after that to a regular school?

Regards
    Gayatri V

4. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Admission started in hlc international school for pre kg.. Visited school as well.. But looking for other options now :(

5. CountUrBlessing

CountUrBlessing Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gayatri,

I visited "Learning tree montessori school" in adyar for my son's play school and honestly i was very much disappointed. When i visited the school the kids were having there snacks in a wet floor. I asked the teachers why they are having in a wet place and she replied that they keys are with the principal and she is on the way to school....how rediculous..i really felt bad about what the kids parents would be feeling if they happened to see this sight...finally i put him in kanchana paati play school...its bit costlier but worth it as they have good space to play and teachers are very friendly with the kids...bcos my son will immediately complain to me if he doesnt like the place...so now everyday i ask him how is the school he says he likes it and indeed wants to go to school even on the weekends....sry for my long post...hope this helps

6. CountUrBlessing

CountUrBlessing Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Pls help me with the informations

1) My baby is may 2009 born. Is he eligible for CBSE schools LKG admission for the year 2012-2013?
    2) Admission process for BVM - Adayar (Pre-school)
    3) Admission process for Sri Sankara School - adayar
    4) Any idea about Änna Gems Science Park school (near anna university)...how is this school ?

Thanks

7. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Hi. .I think your son is eligible only for Pre-Kg in CBSE schools.. No idea about admission process in these schools :(

8. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

He won't be eligible for LKG ,i think in CBSE.Sankara (also BVM) requires 3.5 as of june for LKG.

Application will be issued from oct-jan any time.Check with the schools to register him for the next year.

9. srirekham

srirekham Bronze IL'ite

Hiii.. after reading your post, i felt im not the one alone here looking for schools in and around Adyar.. i have made a big list of schools, yet to visit any of them and decide..

St. micheals, the school, DAV gopalapuram, and so on.. will keep u posted if any luck!

For the parents counting on CPS, chennai public school, read on other sitee that they have not conducted any sports day or annual day all these years.. that didnt sound good to me.. not sure if this is completely true.. correct me if im wrong..

Balavidya mandir and PSBB - heard that they are too religious and a community of people get easy admissions there.. even the kids move along with their own community group, agian im not sure if this true.. but i have seen kids getting well along only with their own community kids..

10. srirekham

srirekham Bronze IL'ite

hi Lavanya.. can you pls help me with fees details of ARsha vidya mandir and sunshine pls?