R2I to Chennai in 2011

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by rose2000, Aug 16, 2010.

1. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

We are thinking of R2I in 2011. I have one daughter (10 yr old DOB May 2000) who will be joining 5th grade this sep 2010. For the school year of 2011 she would be in 6th std. I need some information for her 6th std admission in chennai.
    My daughter doesn't know any Indian language.She doenst know French/German either. She can understand Tamil and thats about it. She is in the process of learning Tamil & Hindi alphabets, even if I coach her this year, she won't be able to take up the language in 6th grade level.I am really worried about the 2nd & 3rd languages in the CBSE/ICSE schools.
    We will likely be settled in Medavakkam area.I saw the list of schools in OMR/ECR area. I am looking for a CBSE/ICSE schools in /around this area which would understand her transtition and language issues and help her with it. I emailed vaels billabong high and got a response that my daughter should take tamil or hindi (As she doenst know French) and they allow 2 to 3 yrs for the child to catch up.When I asked them about their fee structure they asked me to contact them in Jan 2011 in person to discuss this.
    So my questions
    1) List of schools in Medavakkam/Velacherry or nearby area which provide transportation to these areas in which language issues are taken care of.
    2) What are other choices if she can't take Hindi/Tamil? Can she take French as 2nd language and will be able to cope up with other students in her class?
    3) When is the right time to visit India to get applications/tour the school?
    Does the parent/child has to be present to get the application form or a relative can submit it? When is the entrance tests conducted?
    If we make a visit during dec/Jan ,I dont want to make another visit in mar/may for the entrance tests.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Thanks
    R

2. ramsi95050

ramsi95050 New IL'ite

1) List of schools in Medavakkam/Velacherry or nearby area which provide transportation to these areas in which language issues are taken care of.

Sunshine Chennai Senior Sec school is one choice. My son studies there. It has till 7th grade and plan to expand each year.

2) What are other choices if she can't take Hindi/Tamil? Can she take French as 2nd language and will be able to cope up with other students in her class?

They have French from 5th grade. She has to take one more language Hindi or Tamil but they do give time to catch up. You can check with school on this
    3) When is the right time to visit India to get applications/tour the school?

Pls. check with the school.

Does the parent/child has to be present to get the application form or a relative can submit it? When is the entrance tests conducted?
    If we make a visit during dec/Jan ,I dont want to make another visit in mar/may for the entrance tests.

Again each school its different. A relative can collect and submit the application but they will expect the child in person. You can ask your relative to visit school personally once and get all details.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  3. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Thanks ramsi95050 for the details.

4. PriyaManglu

PriyaManglu New IL'ite

Hi rose2000,

You can consider Arsha vidya mandir(CBSE) in Velachery. You have to check their website to get the admission details and choice of languages. These days most schools are accomodative for R2I kids.

5. Shreemadhy

Shreemadhy New IL'ite

Hello everybody. I am Shreemadhy Ganesh and new to this forum. Presently we are in Indonesia and Planning to move to Chennai (Nanganallur Area) with my son. His DOB is 30/08/2000. Looking for admissions in Chennai schools (CBSE) for 6th Std for academic year 2011-2012. He can take Second language as Hindi. Please help me with the list of schools, date of issuing applications, admission dates, written test dates, so that we can plan our trip to India accordingly. Thanks in advance for everyone. Have a Good Day.

6. sangitafamily

sangitafamily New IL'ite

I am in the same boat returning to velacheri, need admission for fith grade.
    what are language requirements in sunshine higher sceondary school? what is the phone number for this school?

www.sunshine-education.com this link is not working

Thanks so much

7. arunya

arunya New IL'ite

Shreemathy ,

Are you returing with ur husband or returning with ur son only?