CBSE schools close to Brookfields

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by MrsMulchandani, Apr 8, 2009.

1. MrsMulchandani

MrsMulchandani New IL'ite

Hi all!

We will be shifting to Brookfields soon, and I am looking out for CBSE schools close to Brookfields. Any feedback/reviews/inputs on fees/quality of education etc on the following schools:

1. Vagdevi vilas, Marathalli
    2. Deens Academy, Whitefield
    3. Airforce School, Marathalli

Any other CBSE board schools around this area?

Thank and appreciate any help!

2. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    a lot of kids from my apts are studying Vagdevi vilas .general feedback is it is good school academic wise. i liked their campus also.i am plg to enroll my son next year there. the fees is around 40k for lkg , and does not change much for other stds. they have raised the fees from last year. i think deen's fees must be on the higher side.
    u can also try goplan international.Airforce i think the fee is less app.20k types but preference is given to kids of armed forces.seat available for outsider is less. the school in marathahlli is upto 5th i guess.post that they will be shifted to murugeshplaya school

hemchi likes this.
  3. MrsMulchandani

MrsMulchandani New IL'ite

Thanks Easy!

Couple of more queries - whats the age cut off at Vagdevi vilas? Also, the CBSE school is in Marathalli or new branch at Varthur? Hows the transport facility and the charges?

I think even Goplan International is very expensive.

Thanks again!

4. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    both m'halli and vartur both are CBSE. M'halli is a older school and varthur is recently opened. also there is one more school just down the bridge "Navaprajna". it is a newly opened school, but it is a from a very big group of educational institution "poorna pragna group". I found their fees very reasonable around 800-1000 rs per month .they did ask for donation20-25k.the age cut off for both the schools for lkg is 3.6 yrs by june.

prabha

5. sanjaykuruwan

sanjaykuruwan New IL'ite

Re: shocking incident at Vagdevi Vilas

At the outset , I would like to clarify , that I am not connected in any way to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Vagdevi</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Vilas</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">School</st1:placeType></st1:place> in Marathalli, Bangalore East. I am neither the parent/ relative of any student nor an employee. I just happened to witness an incident which shocked me and has haunted me ever since.

On Saturday ( 29-Aug-2009), assembly was in progress. A child was up on the stage, administering an oath to the school. He missed two lines. The principal reprimanded him severely in full view of the entire school. She used words like "Shame on you! You have missed line 3 and 4. You have repeated this so many times, yet you don't know." The public address system was on and her voice could be heard over quite a distance. Then a smaller child was called on the stage and he proceeded to read minister the oath. After this the principal addressed the children. All this while, the child who was admonished, stood on the stage.

It was quite obvious, that the child had forgotten the lines due to sheer nervousness as he was facing a large crowd. Because of this very human lapse, he was accorded this severe public humiliation. We hear and read a lot about child abuse nowadays but when physical abuse is meted out, the scars and bruises are visible. Though they are painful, they heal over time. Psychological abuse, the kind this child was subjected to, has, in all probability scarred this child for life and has undermined his confidence severely. Also, the impact of this incident on the children who witnessed it will not be a positive one. It would discourage them from public speaking.

Incidentally, the principal, Mrs Sridevi, who inflicted this this punishment on the hapless child has an entire wing named after her - Sridevi Block. I visited the website of the school. One of the objectives of the school mentioned there was that they "iron out the rough corners of a child". The method employed in this case was quite brutal. Rather than building the child's personality, it would have effectively demolished it.

I entreat all parents to take note of this incident and deal with the school proactively so that it is not repeated.

6. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    Thanks for the feedback.i feel bad for the poor child..

But unfortunately nowadays ..all schools talk of hifi.. principles and values and finally it is only Business..
    so we cannot really expect practices of what they preach