Un believable hike in School fee....

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by Shahla, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Shahla

Shahla New IL'ite

Dear all,

I am in search of a good school for my kid(now 3.4).Nov 2008 i went to one montessori (MANAV MONTESSORI) in electronic city.It was OK and i collected all the details from there(Fee for m1 was 23,000).I decided to put him from june2009.now for that agian i called there,they told they revised the fee and will sent to me.

Yesterday i got the mail from MANAV from the Director-Manmeet.I was embarrassed to see your revised fee as Rs/-38,000, which is around 70% hike of the fee which was quoted in Nov 08.This is highly unreasonable. I had in fact shifted my apartment near to your institution so I can give better care and attention for my son.

By relying theirearlier fee structure, what would have been my situation if I would have joined my kid at that time (Nov008)? Surely by increasing the fee like this we would have been in deep trouble. If at all I join my kid to their institution, what is the guarantee that they won’t hike the fee like this on coming academic years?
    So anybody like me in search of a good school should ask about the hike in fee for coming years also.

Thanks,

2. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    Most of the schools do it ,they have raised the fees by 30% ..just that the salaries dont increase by that % especially with the recession..

prabha