Pls..help me to find a decent(no hi-fi) school in bannerghatta road, banglore?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by divya6, Sep 16, 2012.

1. divya6

divya6 Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Requesting all of you to help me find a good school in bannerghatta road,bangalore for my son.I am looking for a normal decent school with an easy curriculum.I did a little survey already and found that AECS Maruthi magnolia and Mithra academy are near by ones from my place.How are these schools.?Not looking for tough curriculum and hi-fi ones.Please pour in your information.Thanks in advance.:)

2. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Mitra Academy follows ICSE, and Maruthi Magnolia follows CBSE. Both are different curriculums.

1 person likes this.
  3. divya6

divya6 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Pamela. Do you know more about these schools?

4. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Know of a family sending their kids to Mitra. The school has a good environment, decent infra, and fairly decent faculty. The older principal was more deciplined. Since its ICSE, the curriculum is more rigorous...

1 person likes this.
  5. divya6

divya6 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for ur reply Pamela:)Anybody knows about AECS maruti magnolia please reply..

6. dvl

dvl Silver IL'ite

From what I have heard it is decent enough. There are even Clarence (I think CBSE - not sure) & VIBGYOR (ICSE). VIBGYOR is a newly started branch & will be a better choice.

1 person likes this.
  7. divya6

divya6 Bronze IL'ite

Sorry dvl for a late response from me.Do you know more about Clarence and VIBGYOR?

Thanks
    Divya

8. Anupamaraghav

Anupamaraghav Silver IL'ite

Dear Divya6,
    Here in Bangalore there are mainly three different boards that schools follow:
    1) ICSE (tough syllabus)
    2) CBSE (easier than ICSE) If you have transferable job then you can opt CBSE school as such schools are all over India and even in some foreign countries.
    3) State board (easiest)

Some international schools are also there which follows international syllabus.

Mitra academy,Vibgyor and Clarence follow ICSE syllabus
    AECS Magnolia follows CBSE board syllabus.
    Hope this helps.
    Anu.

1 person likes this.
  9. divya6

divya6 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Anu,
    Thanks a lot.Actually Mitra academy is the one which is nearer for me.But i am confused with the tough curriculum.Do you know about AECS,like have you heard any feedback .Waiting for your response.
    Thanks
    Divya

10. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Divya,
    Just a heads up...CBSE curriculum is the most child friendly in India. They have done a tremendous amount of restructuring in the past few years and I noticed that their teachers have to take a lot of continuing education requirements in the form of workshops and training. Their assessment structure has also changed and they alone offer accommodations for students with any learning need. ICSE has a tougher language syllabus.
    R

1 person likes this.