Surprise surprise surprise!!! By my dh

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by vidhya2810, Jun 5, 2015.

1. vidhya2810

vidhya2810 Silver IL'ite

Hi IL's first I would like to share with you all that we bought a 3yrs old house yesterday. I and my dad 1st went to see that house with my husband's knowledge. we liked it and after that week, sunday my FIL came from Vijayawada n saw the house for vasthu complaint as of ma dad doesn't know. for any further documents and so on seller will used to contact me n slowly I asked him to contact my hubby. so I too involved in buying process for last 3 months like meeting lawyer n so on...
    And last saturday we got loan sanctioned n yesterday without any notification just my husband went and got registered. Although I'm constantly asking him about that he never opened his mouth...
    Jus yesterday at night 10'o' clock he is jus showing me the bill receipt and expecting that I have to feel happy n hug him. anyone can justify this. I'm crying a lot for this incident. he always used to maintain lot of secrets so that only I should not touch his mobile n shirt pockets n so on...
    I can't able to control my tears
    Is this really a surprise friends ???

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidhya,

Congrats on the purchase of your new house.

I feel it is insensity of your husband to go on and register the house without telling you, but I am a bit confused here. Is it a HDB or condo? because of HDB it would have to be co-owned by you, so you would have to sign, and also there would be a first appointment, then a second appointment. I am not sure about the process for condo registration.

In any case, if the registration is over and the house is now officially yours, my opinion I will not consider this as a pleasant surprise for a wife if she was involved from the start. It feels more like being left out.

You should talk to your husband and let him know how you feel about it. Seeking privacy with mobile phone and shirt pocket is a different thing (though I fail to see the need to have privacy with these things), but buying a home is different.

Please talk to him.

Best wishes.

3. Chachi420

Chachi420 Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Chachi,

Thanks for letting me know :)

HDB is Housing Development Board, these are flats built by the government which can be purchased (leased for 99 yrs) by citizen or permanent residents in SG. Over 80% of the population in SG live in HDBs. There are condos which can be purchased by foreigners, but HDBs are for citizens and PRs only.