non resident kids learning about India

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by budag, Mar 15, 2015.

Is non knowing enough about India a problem and will this service help?

1. Yes it is a problem and this solution sounds interesting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes it is a problem but I dont think this solution works

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not a problem

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. budag

budag New IL'ite

Hi all,

I was thinking of launching a regular subscription service for indian kids in Singapore (3-8 years) which will have learning aids and other activities to make them aware of various aspects of Indian life in a fun and engaging way. Do you think that not getting to know enough about India is a problem for kids here in Singapore and will such a service help?

Any views on this will be very helpful! However if you are short on time, I have also set up a poll where you can simply select one of the options.

Many thanks in advance

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I know it is a bit late, but heres my view.

Knowing ones own culture be it Indian or any other is essential for any child simply because it gives a sense of belonging and roots. Now many parents / children do not have the time to engage in activities / conversations involving their culture except for the big festivals. So the children's knowledge is limited in this regard.

Your idea seems good. All the best!

3. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

I am not living in Singapore, but like your idea of such a service. Regular meet ups with cultural activities like rangoli, bajan singing, traditional art workshops, scriptural stories and related movies or videos etc. etc. Such services are going on in USA or Canada by Indians for Indians. Good luck for the venture.