Australian International School, Sharjah

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by drdivyatripathi, Feb 18, 2013.

1. drdivyatripathi

drdivyatripathi New IL'ite

Please give your valuable opinion about Australian International school, Sharjah.

2. Kewlzany81

Kewlzany81 New IL'ite

I'm looking for some input about the school myself.. Want to send my son for fs1 next year. I have seen tons of children from my building going to AIS. I think it's on the same lines as VISS (Victoria international) Are you interested in the Australian curriculum?

3. drdivyatripathi

drdivyatripathi New IL'ite

Hi,
    My daughter is 5yrs.and we were looking for an I.B school for her. I came across these two schools in Sharjah on the internet.
    One is Australian International School which follows the Queensland state curriculum and has I.B Diploma option in grade 11th and 12th.The other one is Victoria International School which is a relatively new school and follows the Victorian curriculum. Both the schools have I.B Diploma programmes and thats why we got interested. Schools with entire I.B Primary, Middle year and Diploma programmes are in Dubai and not in Sharjah.
    But,I have also heard that AIS is otherwise good and my husband liked it when he visited the school.
    Please do share your opinion.
    Thanks,
    Divya

4. kewlzany

kewlzany New IL'ite

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. From what I've heard, AIS uses queensland state curriculum and VISS is victorian state curriculum. VISS I've heard is better than AIS. Viss has a strong academic focus and better organized than AIS. I personally dont know anyone going to AIS but I do know someone whose son goes to VISS and they are very happy with the school. VISS fees is comparatively higher as well. That's all the info I got about the 2 schools. Let me know your inputs about the school you decide to put your daughter in. Any input would be good :) If I may know, where did you daughter go to for Kindergarten?

5. Brindasri

Brindasri New IL'ite

Where is your daughter studying now?