GEMS Westminster Sharjah

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by oussamaf, Nov 25, 2012.

1. oussamaf

oussamaf New IL'ite

I am a parent of 3 kids at GEMS Westminster Sharjah would like to advise all parents not to make my biggest mistake against my little kids by getting them in such school

To summarize experience:
    - Teachers are not qualified to teach even though they have some university degree, they have no teaching experience at all !!!

- Teachers don't explain materials in classes and leave the kids JUST writing from the projectors' slides

- Teachers have no quality to control class and enforce discipline

- Management are in mess !!! they have no experience of what is required by UAE MoE; we are shocked of thier poor knowledge and experience

- No supervision in break time and school overall

2. Nemomom

Nemomom New IL'ite

Hi,

I am thinkingof putting my child there due to lack of other clear options. Just want to know one thing... Are any of your kids in kindergarten? How is the kindergarten section? Is it separate from the rest of the school or are there chances of the kids wandering around the school?

3. oussamaf

oussamaf New IL'ite

My best advice and it is upto you with key consideration for KG1-2 /G1 where our kids would acquire the knowledge to write/read... I know parents at FS2 (kg2 in their term) - their kid is suffering to learn and even 1-2 teachers do shout in classes and kids got afraid .... kids in FS2 could not get much info and parents put a teacher at home who is getting materials/info outside of what is "considered" learned at school as they are not finding any valid info on their copy-books etc...

The choice is yours... note; parents raised the issue of the school to thier top management and they admitted of thier "challenges" and to the ministry of education in sharjah with no luck to get much improvements

4. Nemomom

Nemomom New IL'ite

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually what got me worried was that someone told me that the kindergarten section is not separate. I thought schools normally had it separate for the safety of the kids. And to add to that my child is the type who will just run around. So I'm worried what if she wanders off somewhere and gets into trouble. Any input on this?

Anyway now reading what you have to say I will really have to reconsider. Any idea about brilliant international school? It is in the same school area.

5. Generous

Generous Bronze IL'ite

hey nemomom i went through many such forums in il & have realised that u too r interested in igcse curriculum .have u enrolled ur kid to any school if yes please let me know. couldnt PM u as my posts r not enough to send a pm.

6. Nemomom

Nemomom New IL'ite

Hi,

I finally registered my child at gems Westminster. Don't know anyone who goes there so I hope I have made the right choice. I have been told that school of knowledge is good ( sharjah Ajman border) but could not try there as they do not have transport from my area. In dubai al diyafah is good. My nephews go there. But again I couldn't try there cos of transport problem. You can try both these schools but make sure you clarify about the transport first. Hope this helps. I know how stressful this is.

7. Generous

Generous Bronze IL'ite

hey thanx nemomom,i m so happy to have received ur reply i am too considering gemw westminster shj. have u spoken to any parents wose kids r going ther.if possible pleasegive me ur no. i stay in sharjah too.but i cant receive pm due to insufficient posts

8. Nemomom

Nemomom New IL'ite

Sent u a pm. Did u get it?

9. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

I think the op said gems Westminster is bad ... You guys have registered there ?? ......

10. Generous

Generous Bronze IL'ite

hey nemomom i didnt get ur PM