best schools in sharjah

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by shabd, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

:) Well.. A good start is the most important for a kid even if the fees are a bit high.Till your daughter reaches grade 1,I am sure she will be fully polished and you will be proud of her :) Let me know what you have decided and I will help you out further.

P.S - I sent my son to a montessori for just 6 mths and I had to leave it because I was shifting to a different city but I m still happy because those 6 mths made my son a responsible kid (over there I used to pay 1000$ per mth, here its not even 1000 Dhs :),the cost of living/salaries maybe different but the teaching method is the same!!!So Grab the opportunity)

2. Shra73

Shra73 New IL'ite

Dear Rakhee and Shbd - and all thanks a lot for your views, I read all messages / opinions.
    From teh views, I understand for personal development ICSE is much better than CBSE curriculam, however I am a bit confused on O level - is O level is nothing but teh same as ICSE or O level is totally different curriculum.

Also inform me teh best with reasonable fee ICSE school in Sharjah or near to sharjah in Dubai.
    I live in Qasmia (emigration road).

3. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

ICSE is an indianized version of the cambridge ( o level ) curriculum.The atmosphere in o level schools give u more of a british feeling.ICSE curriculum schools start their first term in april and O level schools start in september.If you want to send your kid to India for higher studies,it would be better to send him/her to an ICSE school instead of an O level school.

I have no idea of the ICSE schools in Sharjah except one that is Progressive English School.I don't know the reviews or fees.Three ICSE schools I know of in Dubai are Global Indian International School (Mankhool),Modern high school and Jss international school in Al Barsha which are quite far from your place.

Have heard that Modern High school keeps increasing their fees every year (GEMS schools are known to do that),JSS and Global Indian are new schools that opened this year in April.Haven't heard about JSS much but I can guarantee you about Global Indian that in its first term it has done a lot to make the parents n the kids happy.

If you wanna know anything,feel free to ask..

Thanks
    Rakhee

4. mizhi

mizhi New IL'ite

hi shabd and rakhee

thanks alot for starting this thread.i got a lot of info from this thread regarding the schools in uae.

can you please give me reviews on

1) EMHOC(emirates montessory house of children)

i could find only this montessori through browsing which is for kids from 2+ to 5+.from their website i came to know that we can enrol the child to 1st standard in any syllabus after the montessori.the other montessoris i saw is only for kids from 2 to 4 years old and we have to enroll them in kg1 after that.please give me reviews on EMHOC or other similar montessoris after which she can join the 1st standard in any school.i would like to send her in an affordable and good school.it could be in sharjah or near to sharjah dubai border.

please give reviews on these schools also

2)leaders private school,sharjah
    3)millenium school

and other good cbse and icse schools in sharjah

thanks and best regards

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  5. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

dear Mizhi,

Emirates montessori house of children is now shutting down for good..

I don't have much knowledge about leaders private school.Millenium school is a good one but i dont think the fees are reasonable there.Try DPS.as of now,thats the best CBSE school in Sharjah!!!

You can also check kids world nursery in sharjah.There are many schools who go on the age of the kid and not on whether the child has done montessori or not.u can still enrol your kid in kg2 once he is 4 yrs old and meets the admission criteria.

Thanks
    Rakhee

6. Angumani

Angumani Bronze IL'ite

hi mizhi, :coffee

On my knowledge leaders is also a good school, the teachers are so friendly to the children and they make children to get interest in studying.my child she doe homework more joyfully :).she even reminds me about homework and activities each month. I will rate very good. :thumbsup

bye
    angayarkanni:thumbsup

7. mizhi

mizhi New IL'ite

thank you so much rakhee and angumani for the reply.rakhee, can you please tell me why dps is considered to be the best.i have heard from so many people about dps.but nobody i know has any personal experience there.can you please tell me the plus points of that school?is the fees reasonable?

rakhee,sorry for asking one more help.i am interested to send her to a montessori till she becomes old enough for 1st standard.i couldnt find any montessori like that.if you know any good montessoris like that please let me know.

i have read your feedback about cbse schools also.if you know any icse schools in sharjah or near sharjah dubai border,please inform me.

i have heard that in most of the schools,the admission procedures start for next academic year starts from november.is that true?

8. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Mizhi..well i know around 10-15 kids there and all the parents are happy.but i do find it a bit tough.the fees is very reasonable as compared to icse schools.there are no icse schools in sharjah.just 3 in dubai which are far.
    I know that montessori education is very good but unfortunately we dont have any other montessori in sharjah other than emirates montessori which is also closing down.i myself recommend a montessori because my son used to go to one in the US.there are many in dubai but not any in sharjah.

DPS has already started distributing admission forms.I don't know abt other schools.but they close their admission by nov end once they have collected a certain number of forms.

9. mizhi

mizhi New IL'ite

thank you so...... much rakhee for the info.i will try to get admission form of dps this week itself before it is late.

please suggest other good schools in this area. incase she doesnt get admission in dps, i dont want her to lose her year. rakhee, i have always wanted to sent her to a montessori before sending her to school as i have heard alot about their system of teaching.since i dont have any options other than enrolling her in a cbse school now, i will try to get admission there. if you have any idea, please suggest other schools which kids would love to go and which doesnot give much burden to small kids in terms of homework,studies etc.thank you rakhee once again for the help.

10. mizhi

mizhi New IL'ite

hi rakhee

can you please give me feedback on rajagiri international and kindergarten starters ?