Indian preschools in Dubai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by anjuunni, Sep 10, 2009.

1. anjuunni

anjuunni New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am living near Jabel ali area.My daughter is 3 years old.Is there any indian preschools in this area?Pls help me..
    thanks
    Anjali

2. Rej

Rej New IL'ite

Dear Anjali, we are shifting to discovery gardens or marina area, and are looking for a nursery for my 2 1/2 yr old kid as well. I've found the jebel ali village nursery which is close by you can google and get there no. the fees are between 6500 to 8500 per term depending on the package you chose. and no transport is available. its located in the st francis church compound.

i checked somewhere and figured out that a kid should have completed 3 yrs of age on 1st of april to enrol in KG 1. so are you looking at nursery or KG?

let me know? i am a bit lost regarding the transport part, cos i dont drive and DH travels a lot with work.

regards,
    Rej

3. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

I too lived in Jebel Ali some years ago & have scoured the area for any nursery/playschool ; found nothing so visited [ more than once.. ] to Jebel Ali Village Nursery. Added to their lack of transport [ as I too didn't drive ] it was pretty crowded & cramped , in my experience. It is just a villa converted to occupy some kids, that's all ; I was not at all satisfied with the lack of space + hygiene conditions. Plus their fees was too much.

So I opted to enrol her in KG 1 in Winchester School instead. She was only 2 yrs. 8 months then but the principal then [ not the guy who is there now ] was a wonderful person .. he totally understood our situation & extended the age allowed by one more month. Though she was the youngest in class & second youngest in school, she was very very happy & enjoyed the atmosphere with all the children around. The school bus was safe with very nice support staff & for us , it was a better choice than sending the poor kid in some van all thro' Sh.Zayed Road to Satwa/Burdubai etc.

I've heard of some good nurseries in Umm Suqueim area, maybe you can check out those. Also see in Al Barsha area, as these 2 places are not that far from Jebel Ali.

Good luck for your little ones :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  4. Rej

Rej New IL'ite

hi, i did the rounds at both jebel ali nursery in st francis church - is small with few kids but its an option. and its branch in the bahar 1 bldg in JBR. very good facility. with four - 2 to 3 yr old toddler classrooms. was mpressed by this one. and intended to send my kid here. but now we have changed our mind and are moving to abu dhabi, cos i think its too much to let DH drive up and down each day. so i will be around in the abu dhabi forum to look over there for nurseries in and around abudhabi. good luck with your efforts. just google for jebel ali village nursery and their website will come up. they are good, dont worry.
    :thumbsup

5. anjuunni

anjuunni New IL'ite

hI REJ AND GRACE
    thank u for ur replys.sorry i didnt go through this site for some days..Actually am staying in Dubai investment park area.I too dont know driving.Anyway i will check with Jabel ali nursey and winchester school...
    If any news pls share with me..
    thank u...

6. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

7. Rej

Rej New IL'ite

hi anju, after much confusion about moving to abu dhabi!!! crazy story ! we have now shifted to discovery gardens. and most probably my kid will go to bright morning nursery in jumeirah - reasonable fees + transport with a bus nanny. Bright Morning Nursery

take care

8. anjuunni

anjuunni New IL'ite

Hi ansureeba and rej,
    thank u..Rej I checked with Bright moring nursery.But they dont have transport to this area.And ansu I am going through all taht nyesries.But i think there is no affordable one near this DIP area...
    thanks

9. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

10. choti

choti New IL'ite

Hi Reg,

Have you put your child in Bright Morning Nursery. How is it? Has anyone found more options for nursery in Discovery Gardens area?