Suggestion for Good School for my DS

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by milkee, Jul 29, 2012.

1. milkee

milkee Senior IL'ite

Hiii everyone,

My son is about to complete 3 yr in Sep.As other mommies m too worried about getting good school for my DS.After going through lot of schools info, i finally came to conclude to DPS, sharjah (CBSE) either or JISS(ICSE).Please suggest me which syllabus would be more suitable as per today's competitive age..surfing net i came across that ICSE is more elaborate one with touch of O level...kindly suggest.:bonk

I request the mommies whose kids are already on the above schools to pls throw some light...pls also let me know whether DPS Sharjah n Jebel Ali belongs to same group or different??

pls advise asap so that i can make my firm mind and start enquiring about the admission process...:bowdown

Thanks in advance..

2. milkee

milkee Senior IL'ite

Helloo,

Please anyone can help me out...m eagerly waiting for ur response..

Thanks

3. milkee

milkee Senior IL'ite

Hey ILs,

I know most of the mommies went India with their kids during summer holidays,but those who r here, i request u to pls respond...

Thanks,

Shweta

4. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Sweta
    I would suggest ICSE , strong base right from the beginning , keeping changing scenorio, child possesing practical knowledge ofcourse stands a better chance then mre theotrical one. Not that CBSE is bad , but Im seeing a hell lot of change in my elder daughters persepctive since the switch from CBSE to ICSE .
    I assume you meant JSS .
    Hope it helps

5. milkee

milkee Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Shivani..

In which school is ur DD going ?? Is it possible to switch from CBSE to ICSE in any stage ??

Even i m too of the opinion of ICSE syllabus, but lil bit confused.Can u pls throw some light abt howz the approach of teaching in ICSE ?? Is it very burden some?? Pls suggest which one is the other good school in ICSE...

All ILs,pls b free for suggestions...63 views n only 1 reply from shivani...pls help with ur advise.

Thanks a lot shivani once again..

Byeee

6. milkee

milkee Senior IL'ite

Hiii,

All Ilities pls wake up...77 views n only single reply...what happened to u all??? I can understand most of the moms went for summer vacation with their kids, but those who are here,pls do reply.I must b sure u too were in my position during the admission of ur DS/DD.

Ur reply would b very valuable for me for taking any firm decision..so once again requesting u to come forward with ur advise.

thanks,

7. milkee

milkee Senior IL'ite

Hiii,

Its very unfair...day by day views are increasing but no one coming forward for any suggestion...Is my querry so difficult to answer???? I m in that phase, which every moms once have passed through.

So my humble request to pls post ur response n help me out...

Thanks

8. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Milkee

Well it depends upon the kids bent of mind. As far as education is concerened , for some its a breeze for some its a torture . To switch from one curriculm to another at a very later stage depends upon coupple of factors and it should be an individual preference keeping kid's capabilities in mind. Do they actaully have it in them to feel the heat also or not .Though I feel Sooner the better for better results .

For my daughter , initial two months were sort of not comfortable as she was sort of struggling to maintain her Outstanding grading something that she was used to .

After holidays , is the time when she is now very much control of the situation in all sense being an Outstanding kid of the class , receiving appreciations from Class Teachers to the Principal .

Now seeing this transformation , I somehow have come to the Conclusion that Kids in the changing Scenorio need to be more Practical in their approach rather then doing only rattafication.

Now when I sit with her and prepare her for her tests , I see a very confident Child , who knows that if she is not going to write word for word , she is enough resourceful to exercise and come up with a brilliant answer.

It makes one feel good when child secures 100/100 in all the subjects esp Science and Maths .

9. Kris04

Kris04 New IL'ite

To all parents out there, I would like to share my experience with Mosaic nursery. They have spacious classrooms for around 16 kids. My 2 yr old daughter have been there for a year now. I can see the changes in her from being shy to being friendly and acts as a leader to others. I truly appreciate the results.