Age for LKg

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by Savli, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Savli

Savli New IL'ite

Hi,

I have certian doubts in mind. My son turned 2 on 27th June 2012. In India the kids go to nursery at the age of 3 and believe June being the cut off period.

But here in Dubai i heard for Indian Schools the cut off period is April i.e the child should have completed 3 years as on April and if nt then LKg admission will be in the year following when the child completes 3. But for O levels the cut off being sept the child goes to Lkg in the year in which he is 3 as on Sept.

In the above case i have the foll queries/doubts-

1) whether for CBSE the admission can be taken for April batch if the child turns 3 in June following April?
    2) What are O and A levels schools? Does it include only British curriculam?
    3) Which are the good schools in Dubai or Abu dhabi? both CBSC and Levels

Regards

Savli

2. lillyvinod

lillyvinod New IL'ite

Hi,

i have 2 daughters , elderone is studying in 6th grade.please help me to get a home tutor for arabic. we are staying in salam street abudhabi.

3. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

hii,

Here most of the ibdian schools enroll the kids in september also that is in the second term also. So no need to worry, because in my daughter's school kids are enrolling in this month also. Only thing is for safer side you need to keep checking with the schools you are keen to join your kid, tell them that you are planning to get the admission for september, then they will book the slot for you for sep. All the very best.

4. annu1881

annu1881 Bronze IL'ite

the cut off for indian schools is 3 years by April 15. IMHO, In any case, since the academic pressure is more nowadays, it is better to put your kid after one year, they will be more well adjusted.