Need feedback on Dubai modern High School Please!

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by Shehal, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Shehal

Shehal New IL'ite

Hi Indusladies!
    I am interested to know if parents at this school are happy with its teaching methods. What are the class sizes?
    I am interested in a curriculum that does not rely on rote learning and putting too much pressure on school and class and home work. I would rather it was putting emphasis on teaching by making children understand the concept and subject matter.
    Is Dubai Modern like this? Its an Indian curriculum (ICSE) but I heard it has the above teaching style I had described. Please if anyone knows this to be true could you give your honest feedback.
    Instead I would rather stick to O levels which are also taught in the above style.
    I would appreciate any feedback from mums/parents! Thank you!!

2. Daman

Daman New IL'ite

Hi Shehal,
    Can you please tell me did you pick up Dubai MOdern school . If yes,Can you please tell me how is the school, its reaching methods, extra activities . Your feedback will be really helpful . Waiting for your reply.

3. Lil93

Lil93 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies ... Im 20 and i studied in Dubai Modern High School from KG 1 to 10th grade ,
    It is a very good school in terms of the quality of education, their discipline, etc. However paying hefty tuition fees for higher grades ( gr 5 - gr 10 ) might make parents feel like they arent getting their worth...
    from a students perspective i feel its excellent ....
    they do tend to put too much pressure on students once they reach grade 3 but its all a method to prepare students for the dreaded ICSE Exams ...
    Overall its a very good school. Carries a Great amount of weight when u mention it in CV's ....
    Extra Curricular activities are very diverse from swimming to ballet to badminton to music...however there is less attention paid to those aspects of education
    For example : i wasnt so good at academics .... and that became a main focus... so i wasnt allowed to do my extra curricular activites unless my academics were back on track ...
    Hope this helped
    xx :)