Good International school in Abu Dhabi for Indians

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by ahsin, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ahsin

ahsin New IL'ite

Hi Every one,
    we will be relocating to abu dhabi(mid of july). My elder son, has an Indian passport is in 1 std and the younger one has American passport and is in nursery.

We are planning to put in one of those interntional schools but looking for the one with a good mixture of international students (quite a few indians), not just full of Americans or Brits and a should be a good one as well. I don't want them to be the odd lot there. Expenses doesn't matter!!!

We would really appreciate if someone could help us providing some info.

2. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ahsin,
    Here's the list of international schools that I know of :

Al Khubairat Community School (Brit administration) GCSE curriculum and mostly comprises of brits with some Indians and locals.

American Community School (American administration) follows the American curriculum and mostly comprises of Americans alongwith Asians and locals

American International School comprises a mix of all but mostly locals, that's what I know of but there are Indians too.

The International School of Choueifat (Arab administration) SABIS curriculum, comprises mostly of Arabs, Indians, Pakistanis, some Koreans and Europeans too.

The Cambridge High School, again a mix of all and follows the IGCSE curriculum but is not situated in town. It's in Mussafah, some 40 mins drive from the town.

There are new schools which offer IB and you may check each school after you come here. I hope you find this info useful. Keep in touch. All the best.

We also have threads here in this forum discussing about schools and stuff, you may browse those too.

3. ahsin

ahsin New IL'ite

Hi Richa,

Thanks so much for ur informative reply.I checked school websites and want your feedback about Al Khubairat Community School .If anybody kids
    studying there,please give me information on whether they are comfortable with the school.
    Actually I belong to tamilnadu(trichy),MCA graduate and homemaker.
    Tell me something abt urself.

4. geetanjali

geetanjali New IL'ite

hi ahsin,a warm welcome to AD. In all school either they follow indian or intl. curri. u will sure find few or more indians or asian in them so need not worry for that matter
    are yaar indians bahut hai world mein ,u can find them every where

5. Bluebells275

Bluebells275 New IL'ite

Hi Ahsin,

just wanted to check if u have managed to admit ur son to Kubeirat? If yes, did you get it easily? N how is ur experience?

Thnx
    Sona

6. abivaz2000

abivaz2000 New IL'ite

hi ahsin

We are moving from canada to abudhabi this summer and looking for good international school (british/US curriculum) for my kids in Grade 7 and 3. How is the quality of teachers in international schools? Which school is good in academics and discipline? Please help me .....

Thanks
    Abivaz