School tiffin ideas

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by trijamr, May 1, 2012.

1. trijamr

trijamr Junior IL'ite

Hi all
    Can we discuss on various tiffin ideas for schoolies...especiallly for the ones who find food their worst enemy...
    Regards
    Trija

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Here are some...

*Spread peanut butter on sliced apples, just like a sandwich. Kids love this combination.

* Carrots, baby corn, boiled potato cut into strips and packed with some tomato ketchup as a dip.

*Digestive biscuit sandwich. Spread peanut butter and jam on two biscuits and make a sandwich.

*Noodles (not Maggi! but home made)

*Boiled egg and mayo sandwich. Mash boiled egg and toss in mayo and a tablespoon of ketchup to make a spread

The list is endless. Depends on your kids taste and also your creavtivity in making the tiffin seem attractive.

3. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

This is good...I always struggle to find options for my daughter's tiffin cuz she's such a picky eater! i usually keep a small box of a few pieces of fruit in her tiffin as well.

4. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

anyone else with ideas - preferrably things that can be made either the night before or with little time in the morning :)

5. kavisuresh

kavisuresh Silver IL'ite

I have jus started sending my kid to nursery...your ideas are quite good.

I would like to share some ideas:

1.Pooris made with maida(Dough you can make in night and refrigerate)
    2.Aloo paratha(Dough can be made nd kept in night as well) -Jus boil potato in the morning add onion,corriander,stuff in roti,roll and make parantha.Add ghee or butter.Cut into small pieces or make rolls and keep.
    3.Cheese crossiant available in all groceries.
    4.EGG Bread-(Take one egg yolk,beat it well,add little milk and little sugar for taste and beat well-dip bread in this and toast it(preferably with ghee)).

Waiting for more ideas from others in IL.It is really difficult to think wat to pack for babies.

6. renji79

renji79 Senior IL'ite

Dear all

I would like to share some more ideas

1) Aloo or Methi paratha
    2) Cheese slice rolled in roti ( chappati )
    3) Omlette rolled in chappati
    4) Fried Idlies
    5) Bread Butter & Jam
    6) Mix veggi noodles

waiting for some more inputs

regards,
    Renji

7. srividhyasundar

srividhyasundar Senior IL'ite

Hi,

You can make mini othappams adding veg. like carrot,peas,capsicum.
    Make the left over chappati as chilli chappathi.cut the chappati like thin long pieces. Fry onions,capsicum,cabbage(don't over cook) ,add soya sauce,tomato sauce , little pepper powder along with chappati.Mix well and pack.

You can make cheese dosas . After dosa is done , top it with slices of onion and tomato and sprinkle pizza cheese and cover it for 30 to 40.sec.(until the cheese melts).

1 person likes this.