Merry land school (Sherwood group)

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by sivshankari, Mar 12, 2012.

1. sivshankari

sivshankari Gold IL'ite

Hi all,,,,,, let me know info abt merry land school....parents from this school help me regarding second language and curriculum also :confused2:
    awaiting for reply.......:thumbsup

rgds,
    shankari.....

2. DeepikaKrishna

DeepikaKrishna Junior IL'ite

hi shivashankari...

as u know merryland belongs to sherwood group.the school is maintaining its standard but it is a 'o' level school.they r taking admissions for british curriculam.we went to that school for my baby's admission but they asked me to decide whether we wish ti join her in british curriculam..they told me clearly that if we go to 'o' level..the child will face the problem with second language as they dont have hindi..that will make a pb to students if we go back to cbse...one more thing is about academic yr...it starts in september and ends in june whereas cbse will end in march..so we decided not to go to 'o' level.

u think seriously abt this...

All the best...

Deepika.

3. sivshankari

sivshankari Gold IL'ite

Thz Deepika..........if im not getting admissions from cbse schools....another option for us o level......so that, im inquiring lot......

4. reshgb

reshgb New IL'ite

Hi, my two children are studying in Sherwood O levels. I am happy with the school and I plan to continue there till my children finish 10th.

5. sivshankari

sivshankari Gold IL'ite

Thanks for ur input Reshma......next week my elder son will writing entrance test for grade 7...

6. reshgb

reshgb New IL'ite

Good luck to your son!

7. prenit

prenit New IL'ite

Hi
    My daughter is studying in Merry land she is happy there, studies wise it is gud school but extra curricular activities are not there. Regarding second language till now no hindi but they have Bangla and urdu so if the Indian parents will pressurize they can start but that too not as second language. Its a nice school teachers are also cooperative and very helpfull.

8. sivshankari

sivshankari Gold IL'ite

thanks prenit, we got admissions for both my kids.......:)

9. SThumpiri

SThumpiri New IL'ite

I had a bad experience with Merryland school. When I called them to enquire about admission for my son for KG1, they asked me to go there along with the child to register. They could even get those details over the phone as it is just child name, age, address, nationality and phone number. I have entered all those details in the register and they said I am in waiting list and asked to call them back for confirmation. When I called them they said, they don't have seats and they will inform. Why do they make hopes to parents as if it is the only school in Abu Dhabi. They have to be straight to the point whether they will give admission or not. They should know that parentes will have lot of hopes and concerns about their children and moreover will travel from different destinations. They have to be up to the point so that pafrents will try somewhere else

Also one of my friend had taken admission to his son for 2nd standard but they put him in the 1st standard. luckily my friend recognized on time by seeing his section mentioned as 1F and enquired with school administration and they said he is right and they put his son in 1st standard by mistake. How one can make such a bunder which is basic that to so called international school?

I tried there because of my friend put his son there so that my son will have company but very much disappointed

10. Simiya

Simiya New IL'ite

You can help me regarding fees for Kg1 . Otherthan tuition fee wat all fees we have to give in beginning