Nursary in Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by Prajacta, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Prajacta

Prajacta New IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    I m Prajacta, shifted to Abu Dhabi few months back from Mumbai.
    Currently, trying to get familiar to this place.
    I have a kid who will turn 2yrs on March 14th this year.

Can someone please suggest me a nice nursary or playgroup for him.
    Also, can u please let me know the age limit for play group.

Reply on this would be really appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,
    Prajacta

2. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi, prajacta

there are many Indian cbse playgroups like ICK,saras, leens, little buds which give admission for playgroup kids from 2 to 21/2 yrs and fees ranging between 8,000 to 12,000Dhs perannum and for playgroup admissions are given out trice a year. kindly go directly and check with them

there are many more english(british) nurserys around like giggles, apple tree, playhouse,funfuns........... which undergoes o and A level cirriculams but might cost a pinch from15kand above

3. Prajacta

Prajacta New IL'ite

Hi Navis,

Thank you for ur quick reply. It was an useful information.

I m little confused on whether i should take an admission in playgroup or nursery for my kid who is 22months old.
    I feel he is too small for the nursery as he doesn't speak much. In my opinion he should be goin to playgroup in Sara and then after six months i will try him in Sara nursery. Please give me ur opinion on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Prajacta

4. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi, prajacta

mothers knows her child abilities and coping capacity better than anybody else .so prefer that teaching which ur child feels comfortable.
    just my opinion--------- dont u feel presurising the kid by sending them to playgroup and nurserry at an early age is ok. anything in excess at an early age might bring an hestitation towards it. whynot try playway session at home . u can take him to a park everyday for 2 hrs and make him play with other kids . if u feel he is not comfortable in mingling with other kids. teach him poems and alphabets (these are the things which they would be doing in playgroup and nursery.

in abudhabi admission for kg1 starts at 3,so plan accordingly

5. Prajacta

Prajacta New IL'ite

Hi Navis,

Good Afternoon.

I m thankful to you for giving me this suggestion. As far as knowing my kidoo, is that he can mingle with other kids, he is very much found of playing with other kids and can stay without me for 3-4 hrs since i was working woman before.

The only problem is that whether he will be able to cope up with the nursery schedule n curriculum at this age. Since 2 yrs is too early for him to go to nursery. In India, the age group for nusery is 3yrs and above. Also, if I put him in playgroup then will he get addmission in Sara nursery in next year.

6. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  7. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi prajacta

saras and Ick have closed their admission for 2012-13.just personally go and check.

other nursery and playgroups give out admission trice a year so u can try a chance .

just visit abudhabi educational forum in Indusladies admission started for 2012-13 and u can get a rough idea of parents running the admission marathon. in each schools and the time of thr year when schools give out admission for kg and other grades

if ur planning to be in AD for more yrs better to get ur kid in some indian cbse school for kg1 at 3yrs

8. Avnipriya

Avnipriya New IL'ite

Re: Nursery in Abu Dhabi

Hi Navis,

I am new to Abu Dhabi and I have a 2 and 1/2 year old daughter. I have been trying to get admission in nursery in various schools here, but (like you mentioned) many are already filled in (Sarah, ICK, Little Flower etc). Thats what they have told me over the phone.

I am now considering Noah's Ark, Leens Nursery or LittleBuds. Could you give feedback on these nurseries? I have not read much being talked about these nurseries lately.

Also, in your opinion, does it make sense to send kids to private nurseries where majority kids are Arabic/European? Like Educare or Playhouse?

Any input/suggestion is much appreciated.

9. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi, priya

the nurseries which u have mentioned above all are indian ones. so majority of thr kids and teachers are ind ians too. whereas europeans and arabic emiraties dont choose indian nurseries .they have their own varity and highly poshed nurseries which provide them A-z facilities for their kids. mainly financial part europeans nurseries charge u a high fee ranging frm 12 to 35k dhs.if u dont worry about the financial part then i can surely gurantee about the facilities, playway,funlearning with enormous activites and tours and toys provided by these groups.

coming to ur part Little flower doesnot have nursery the same management runs Nohas ark. if ur planning fr it better be aware they dont have permission for running Kg2 .so at the end only a bonafied will be given in place of Tc .I really dont know how much it really worth while running fr admission for grade1. while my visit the place didnot impress me . lack of hygiene., hardly any new play items, even i felt the teachers teach in their own way least bothered about the kids capacity and ability. i felt missing 2 way communication .

leens and little bud both are next to each other . both these nurseries have good reviews frm parents .
    prior leens nursery use to give direct admission of their nursery and kg kids to leens school. but heared a lot they will be shutting their school by 2013.

10. Avnipriya

Avnipriya New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Navis for your inputs.

I also wish to check with you on 1 other schools - Radiant Nursery. This is apparently a Montessori style school with mostly Indian children but various other nationalities included as well.

Also, Little Buds, Educare and Playhouse mentioned that they take children anytime during the year. How is that possible? I mean if my child can join anytime and leave anytime, is it really counted as nursery education for admission into kg?

Looking forward to your response.