preschoo/KG1 admission for the kid

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by kbhasker, Dec 19, 2011.

1. kbhasker

kbhasker New IL'ite

hi I am new to the forum. I am at present at hyderabad will shift to abu dhabi in a month or two.. My son is 2 years 8 months old (3rd april, 2009). I have a few questions.
    1. Is he eligible for a nursery or KG-1at abu dhabi.
    2. Will the school authority consider the nursery certificate given from India for giving school admission for KG-1?
    3. Also would like to know about a good nursery/school for indian children at abu dhabi.
    4. I have read the forum and it seems that all the school are shifting towards mussafah.. so is it better to search for a house there or is it good to stay close towards beach area..where ususlly the office is situated?

I am looking forward for the reply to the above questions..

2. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

1. Is he eligible for a nursery or KG-1at abu dhabi.

Is your son born in April 3rd 2008 (you have mentioned he is 2.8 years old), then he is eligible.

According to the rule( if you are planning to put the kid in CBSE or ICSE) kid should complete 3 years by April 15.

2. Will the school authority consider the nursery certificate given from India for giving school admission for KG-1?

No such nursery certificate is needed for KG1 admission.

I am not staying in Abu dhabi, so won't be able to give suggestions about location and schools.
    Admission procedure is already going on for next year and i don't know whether you will be able to get any by feb-march.

Regards,
    Ansu

3. kbhasker

kbhasker New IL'ite

Hi Ansu
    Its soooo nice to already start talking to someone on the forum..you r my first friend...Thanks for the reply... My son is born on 3rd April 2009, (1st yr complete on 3rd April, 2010/2nd yr complete on 3rd April 2011 and now its December so I added 8 months) .. that's how 2 years 8 months.. and on 3rd April, 2012 he WILL complete 3 years, which is quite within the deadline.
    hmmm..as per u he should complete 3 years by April 15, that means he WILL be eligible.. ow that means I need to look out for a school
    Thank you very much for replying ..will do the needful as my husband is already there so will pass on the msg to him....
    regards,
    Kinnari

4. nithumohan

nithumohan New IL'ite

hi kinnari,
    age criteria for kg-1 admission is 3.8 yrs for July that particular academic year.
    so, wait for one year.
    Next academic yr 2016-17, u cud enroll ur kid in kg-1.
    So,no need to worry.
    u can come & settle & start seeking admission process from oct'15, so it wud be right for next academic yr.2016-17.

regards,
    nithya