Need advice on Nurseries for my daughter.

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by melaiene, Aug 24, 2011.

1. melaiene

melaiene Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

I have a question about nurseries for my daughter whose 1year 7months as on August2011.

1.What I would like to know is whats the cut off date for admission to KG1 here in abu dhabi?
    2. I wanted to know about curriculum, if i put her to Indian curriculum and dont get a seat for her in KG1 in a good indian school,can I put her to some Bristish school?Do they accept kids from different curriculum..? Also If in case Iput her to a british nursery now,will they accept her in Indian Schools,...?
    3. What are the best Indian schools for Kg 1 onwards? Could you list a few of them so that I can check thier availabilty and fees.

Thanks,
    Melaiene

2. kanchanbish

kanchanbish New IL'ite

hi melaiene
    i have a 22 mnth old son and i m also thinking abt all these things regarding his adm. as far as i know in indian schools the session starts in march and in british schools it starts in september...During adm in KG1 i dont think it matters whether ur child is from any indian or british nursery... becoz i have found that some people dont send their child to nursery at all and directly get admission in KG1..
    i think the experienced people here will answer ur questions better...
    best of luck
    kanchan

3. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi Melaiene,

1. Indian schools starts in April and british ones in September.
    2. It's not even necessary to put your kid in nursery, so admission to KG1 from any syllabus won't be a problem at all.

Don't have any idea about the schools in Abu dhabi.

Regards,
    Ansu

4. prijag

prijag New IL'ite

hi friends,

i am new to IL & Abu dhabi...moved here in march.. my baby is 15 months now.. I'm planning to get back to work next year beginning... could anyone please suggest some good day care/creche that can take care of my baby from around 9 am - 6 pm.. I live in AlFalah street..

Thanks in Advance
    priya

5. kanchanbish

kanchanbish New IL'ite

hi priya.
    u can try future nursery.. they have day care facility till 6 pm.. i m also searching nursery for my 23 mnth old son these days.. so i saw future nursery also.. it is good but as i dont need the day care facility so i m looking for other nurseries also.. i think only few nurseries have day care for that late timings..
    take care
    kanchan

6. prijag

prijag New IL'ite

hi kanchan,

thanks for ur reply... i have been to India on a vacation...returned just couple of days back...have you found a nursery for ur son? I am still searching for one...if you know could you pls guide me with the approx fees these kinda nurseries charge?
    rgds,
    priya

7. kanchanbish

kanchanbish New IL'ite

hi Priya

Hope you enjoyed your vacation :) Yes I found nursery for my son.. He is going to Lady Bird Nursery.. He is going there 3 days a week and they are charging 1000dhs/mnth (for 3 days a week).. For 5 days a week the fees is approx 1500-2500dhs in most nurseries... but as i told u earlier only few nurseries have day care till 6 pm..so u have to search for that... the one i knw is future nursery that have day care facility till 6pm.. and most of the nurseries have long waiting lists here.. so you have to register your child as early as possible..
    hope this is of some help..
    kanchan

8. prijag

prijag New IL'ite

hey kanchan,

thanks for that info. and glad to know that u have found a nursery for ur kiddo... i enquired at a couple of places.. they will take him only when he completes 18 months.. so I have to wait for 1 more month.. . where is this lady bird nursery located? ur son liking it there?

priya

9. kanchanbish

kanchanbish New IL'ite

Lady Bird nursery is in bateen area near abu dhabi cooperative society.. my son is really liking it..they have a caring staff.. i wudnt say that i highly recommend this nursery.. but for me it was good among the options available as i had to choose one which is either near my house or DH's office and among those all were not having vacant places.. but i m satisfied with the nursery as they take good care of the children and the activities are also good..

10. prijag

prijag New IL'ite

thats gud.. where exactly do u stay.. i stay in Alfalah street near Taha medical center..since how long have u been here..i came down only in march..