Our Own English

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by reshgb, Jan 21, 2011.

1. reshgb

reshgb New IL'ite

Dear ILs,

Hi, I am new here. My name is Reshma. Will be joining my husband in Abu Dhabi in March. We have been having a hard time getting admissions for my kids to 5th and 4th. Most probably we may get admn in Our Own English. Would appreciate if any of you can give any info about that school, how the teachers are, how are the children who study there, any such information. Thank you very much.

And how is the Arabic? Is it very high level? Are home tutors easy to get?

Looking forward to hearing from you all,
    Reshma

2. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Reshma

Welcome to AUH. Hope you have applied in otehr schools too, as its really difficult getting admission to any school here. Our Own is a good school, in fact theres nothing as best school here. The standard is okay and we dont have much of a choice too.

Your children can attend private tuitions for Arabic. That too will take sometime to pick up but private tutors are available, so not to worry. I have a few contact numbers too. will be glad to share. All the best for a new beginning here.

3. reshgb

reshgb New IL'ite

Dear ArabUdupi,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. And for the information.

We applied in Abu Dhabi Indian School, St. Joseph's and Our Own. First two schools said they will not give admission for 5th and 4th, but if it was 1st standard they would have tried. Our Own has given some hope but not confirmed. Bhavan's said they have no seats left.
    Getting worried.

I will contact you for the Arabic tutors once I am there.
    Thank you once again.

Reshma