1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Having kids preparing for board exams ?????

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Shanvy, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

I was talking to my friend. she has a son who is going to appear for the tenth board exams this 2008 march. she is all tensed up..her bp has gone up...

Even last year one of my relative was so hyped when the kid was going for the exam... so i just started this thread... for (right now i dont have anybody appearing but it would definitely help me also:thumbsup- may be i also would become one:confused:):

(a) If you have son/daughter appearing for board exams...and you are tensed..come on share your feelings and reduce your tension.

(b) can take up guidelines/tips on how to help you child...be it food/lessons/environment/any e-worksheets.....

What do you say ladies...??????

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

Looks like nobody's kids are preparing for the board exams...or have i framed the question wrong...should it have been having kids preparing for exams...

then may be there would have been response......

Last month, all my friends had one excuse...no pah sorry pah, my children have exams...they are studying..(looked more like the parents were writing the exams...)

your perspectives....

3. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Thanks for this excellent thread. Iam sure it's going to be helpful for many mothers. Though my son is in KG2 , i thought of putting my 2 cents over here to appreciate your action.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi aabhi,

Thanks for peeping with a fb. actually i thought it will be a stress buster for the moms..who get hyper at the mention of exams....

5. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi shanthi,

Excellent thread. My daughter is a total cool cat & I am full tension packed.................. person

I should visit this thread to cool myself.

prabha

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi prabha,

Thanks for coming in...in my case...my son and i are very cool. my daughter will be like she is on thorns...(she does not taking losing easily...actually i was like that..but as i grew up i have changed....)

7. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi shanthi,

My daughter is cool but tops in all subjects.
    I keep getting tensed. I am much better than before but still should be more cool.

prabha

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

I am trying to put some life back in this thread...all stateboards/cbse exams time tables have been released...any body who has children going to appear for board exams..???.

Anybody wants some model question papers, solved back papers/websites assisting in this......do post a request...let us give life to this thread....
    come on all the parents can join hands discuss and help yourself and your kids...

I am not having anybody appearing for the exams....

but here is wishing all the mothers and kids all the best for their preparations......

9. revathijayagopi

revathijayagopi Gold IL'ite

hello shanvy,

my son is going to appear for his xth (cbse) board exam this march. he doesn't seem to be tensed at all about his exams. he is a very bright student and gets good marks.on the other hand i am bit tensed about his exams but i try not to show it. i download most of the sample papers from cbse and cbse-guess website. can u suggest any other website from where we can download cbse sample papers ?especially social studies and hindi. can somebody give me any suggestions on how to boost their confidence level . any suggestions on how to improve concentration and time management will also be a huge welcome.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi revathi,

The children are very cool...it is mostly the parents who are under too much pressure...that is the reason for this thread:queen

there is one more website Extramarks.com: Study smart with your friends! which has solved model papers..

Will come back to discuss about confidence and time management...in a day or two...

All the best to both of you.