1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

worry about my kid

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by nivikayal, May 27, 2010.

1. nivikayal

nivikayal New IL'ite

Dear friends,

I have six years old and three years old daughters. My elder one is still bed wetting every day. Can anyone of you give some suggestions about this.

2. Mirdhula

Mirdhula New IL'ite

Hi,
    Don't give water one hour before going to bed. and just before going to bed ask her to go the toilet. try this for a week or so and then see the effect. Even if the climate is too cold or of the A.C is on sometimes the kids may bed wet. If these things doesn't work out ask your dr. regarding this.

raji.

3. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi one of aunt's son bedwets even today. he is aged 11. when had come home i made him to go to toilet before bed and in mid night used to wake him up and ask to go to toilet. poor fellow followed it and now he is stopped bedwetting at his place. try what Mirdhulais told.

4. nivikayal

nivikayal New IL'ite

Thanks Raji and Pavithra.
    I tried both of your suggestions . iam not allowing her to drink more water in the late evenings. just before going to bed every day I forced her to pass urine. And in midnight also 2- 3 times I wake her up. Even we met our doctor he told to continue tablet for 6 months. But for that long period we are not willing to give tablets to her. One of my friend told me to give ½ spoon of honey to stop this , but this also didn’t work in her case.
    Any of our friends have any other homemade suggestions I will try to use that ideas also.

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Nivikayal,

I was a bedwetter till my 5-6yrs. My mom tried all those you are trying now. Long story short, i had some familial issues, which were un-sorted for many many years, until my mom talked to me one day in a temple, which was her eye-opener. She learnt to defend me from that day and i gave away my fears and hence my bedwetting gradually stopped. I still now remember by midnight restroom sessions :) Talk to your child, if there is anything bothering her. Comfort her that together - you and her can overcome this. The more you behave stern and forceful regarding this, the more she would drift away from you. Every child is different, so was I. I was ashamed then, I used to feel bad that am bedwetting, everybody in the family used to make fun of me, my older cousins wont share toys coz am a bedwetter. But I was wanting a soul to talk out and tell me its fine that some kids dont get that control early, esp my mom. Once she did that fine, we won!
    Sorry if I didnt convey things right, I would be glad if this helped you any better :) :thumbsup

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Nivikayal, Do you remember whether you dropped your kid earlier? Becoz if you did bedwetting can be an after effect. I know this from my friend whose kid was bedwetting. She did all the things as you did. Still the kid continued once in a while. So she went to a Homeopathy doctor . The doctor asked this and helped her kid.You see my friend had dropped the kid when she was a baby and told the doctor.Doctor gve medicine accordingly and it worked. Now the kid doesnt bed wet and problem is solved.
    Try to recall if you have by mistake dropped your kid or she fell by herself. Also one thing I wud suggest is Homeopathic treatment. It helps a lot . Good Luck.

7. nivikayal

nivikayal New IL'ite

Thanks Vishalini and chocolate.

I will try to apply your suggestions. And come back to u.

8. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

Homeopathy treatment is really good and successful you may go for it :)