1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Not writing in class

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by kavithaa.R, Oct 26, 2009.

1. kavithaa.R

kavithaa.R Junior IL'ite

Dear friends,

My son is 6 yrs and studying in 1st standard in a cbse school in Ashok Nagar.I am facing a great problem with him. He isnt writing in the school at all. I have spoken to the class teacher about this and she has made him to sit in the front row. But still, he isnt copying anything from the board. But, if we dictate from other children's notebook, he is writing. I dont know what the problem with him is and how to go about this...

Pl give me ur suggestions on wat could be done.

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kavitha,

Did you ask your son why he is not writing from the board? Maybe, he is not able to understand teacher's handwriting or is having difficulty reading what is on the board.

-Lakshmi

3. kavithaa.R

kavithaa.R Junior IL'ite

yes lakshmi...did that also...but no use.he is able to see and understand. When I dictate the qn and ans from the notebook that I got for copying...he was able to answer all the questions.which means he is observing in th class. But for some reason not copying from the board.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kavitha,

Have you checked his eye sight.(??) just wondering. many kids these days have problems like the one you mentioned. if you have ruled out maybe he has some other problem, like not liking to write at all.

we discussed this here check it out. if you feel there is something that has not been discussed, do raise it here, maybe we all can discuss and come to some solution.

do relax. some children do not like to write.

5. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

I thought about the eye sight too the first time I read your post. First, get his sight tested because nowadays it is very common for kids that age to have vision problems. He may not even need them after using for few years.
    Next is the teacher's writing. Another possibility is sometimes when the blackboard gets so old that it is not black board but white or grey board and the teacher writing with white chalk then it is possible that for the child it is not clear. Also sometimes if the writing is not in one straight line and it goes like a wave then also the child may find it hard to keep track of the entire sentence. When I write on a plain white paper (not ruled) my writing goes from left to the top of the right side. All slanting lines.:biglaugh
    Even to write a absent note to the teacher I put a ruled sheet underneath the white sheet and use that as a guide for straight lines.

As of now I can think of these possibilities only. Will come up when I find some more.

Adara

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

He may find it difficult to co ordinate- like looking at the board, remembering and then writing in the notebook. When he writes on dictation, he should be finding it fun to write. So the best option is, ask your doctor to suggest a child educator who accesses the child and then you will be able to pinpoint the problem, if there is any. I have done this for my son from age 2 till April this year (he is 18 now). This will help you, I hope.

7. kavithaa.R

kavithaa.R Junior IL'ite

Thanks Varloo,

A very suggestion indeed. Wil do that.

Thanku..................