1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hobbies for a 10 yr old girl

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by adara, May 31, 2009.

1. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Please suggest some hobbies for a ten year old girl preferably indoor ones.
    My dd is getting bored during this summer vacation. She plays outdoors a lot but ones inside the house she complains of boredom. I don't want her to watch too much of TV.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

hi adara,
    You can suggest some stamp collection,coin collection,drawing,poetry writing,crossowords/sudoku,gardening....

3. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi adara
    How abt bead jewellery making?U can also look for free arts classes in Michaels craft store..I guess u are having one in u'r city.

They conduct ocassional free arts classes.My friend's daughter whos 9 attends those classes and she loves it

4. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

how about some painting ?and also look out for some vaccation classes in the neighbourhood,like hobby singing ,swimming and all that....

raji

5. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Adara,

Why don't you try some board games like sudoku, bingo, chess, etc...

My 10 year old girl loves barbie dolls and always plays with that.....I make small frocks (just handmade) and she loves that.....she likes to change the hair style, dress...and make some beads chain, bracelet and put for the barbie doll...she plays with that a lot....

Try out some art classes, painting, glass painting....now small glass painting kits are available for kids....you can try that...

In our arts & crafts thread, you can find lot of in-door art works like photo frame with ice-cream sticks, thermocol dolls, etc....these are very simple ones and my daughter did some like that.... sure your daughter will also love these and try it out.....

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  6. InduSri

InduSri New IL'ite

My daughter is 6 and she loves coloring and reading books. Few sheets of of paper, crayons, scissors, glue and sticky tape is enough to keep my daughter busy for hours, provided her 2 yr old brother stays out of her hair (which is very unlikely) :). When I was a kid of 10yrs old, I remember stealing any chance possible to copy my mother's crafts. It was around that age I learnt embroidery and basic crochet skills.

There are various kits available in craft stores these days. It is easy to try different things and see what she likes most.

Good luck
    Indu

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ADara,

We had discussed about how to keep a child engaged here. though we talk about a 4 year, it almost works for all ages with a slight alteration in the level...

8. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Thank you all Ladies for your wonderful suggestions. I have got some craft materials from Michaels and my dd just loves them. She even started doing cross-stitch. She loves it. Other than that she goes swimming once/twice a week, tennis twice a week and started attending art classes once a week where now they are doing pottery.

Adara