1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right age for kid to put in pre school

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by harshamanu, May 11, 2009.

1. harshamanu

harshamanu New IL'ite

Hi ILs
    Can anyone please suggest me what is the rght age for a kid to put in pre school my DH says we will put at the age of 3 yrs and my sis says its 2 1/2 yrs iam confused please suggest me

2. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

2 1/2 is the right age for pre-school according to most school rules... Count backwards from the 1st standard age pre-requisite... most schools admit children who complete 5 1/2 years in June for class 1.

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    my son started pre school at 2.5 yrs.frankly,it gave me a breather.i was not that rigid in sending him regularly.if it was very hot or cold or rainy then no school.if some relative was visiting ,then also no school & so on.
    still it does not matter if u start at 21/2 or 3 .its only time pass for them .they learn to colour ,sing rhymes,little discipline which can be tought at home also.
    if ur child has company in neighbourhood then its better to wait till 3 otherwise start school at 2.6 yrs.but if the school is same for playway & primary then check with school about the cut off age for playway.
    pragati