1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

swimming classes Chennai

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by dubbi, Apr 9, 2009.

1. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hi ILites

I live on Palavakkam , ECR and I am desperately scouting for a good , decent and prefessional awimming center where the coach knows how to teach kids without scaring them or screaming but just encouraging them. I also want to get into swimming classes but I really cant find a good pool. Anybody has any experience with swimming centers in Chennai specifically south chennai.

Cheers
    Deepa

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Deepa, have you tried Vishwa's at Thiruvanmiyur. There was also Sindhur near 4th Seaward Road in Thiruvanmiyur - friends of ours used to take their child (7 year old) there. How are those two? How about the Velachery indoor swimming pool?
    I dont know how to swim and I have been meaning to learn with DS. Would appreciate your review of places you've been to. I live in Kottivakkam on ECR.

3. lathanayakam

lathanayakam New IL'ite

I learnt swimming in Aquatic complex with my 8 year old daughter. It is good in terms of coaching, quality of water, etc.Try it out.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Krithika,

I will second latha on the courses in aquatic complex coaches are good and also you have good water.

If you do not mind travelling mv swimming/tennis on velachery -tambaram road have good classes.

Another, is the one on medavakkam high road at puzhudhivakkam, personally know that the water is clean and you have good coaches. my kids have attended classes before and do not go now as they have classes at school.

I heard some bad reviews on vishwa..in general...

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

tks both of you. Travelling may not be an option right now... was thinking of starting as soon as this fella is potty trained.. but maybe when he is older.

6. swetha1

swetha1 New IL'ite

Hi,

Iam also searching for a good swimming classes,could you please name the indoor swimming pool in velachery. If anyone is experienced in aquatic, Is it safe for for girls.

7. ArunaVignesh

ArunaVignesh New IL'ite

Hey i am also looking for a swimming class in and around mylapore.

i am also looking for swimming classes for my son who is 2 years old. I rather would love to know a place where both me and my son can go.

thanks in advance
    Aruna

8. hkstrz

hkstrz New IL'ite

Just in case anyone from North Chennai is checking in,

Although there are two pools close to the Marina,

1.Anna Swimming Pool-open only to men

2.Marina Swimming Pool-offers swimming classes during summers which are only for boys and men.

Marina has an hour allotted exclusively for women. Time:9AM -10AM

Hope this tidbit helps.

9. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Can anyone pls share experience with swimming pool classes for women in and around Anna Nagar, Mogappair ?

SDAT complex pool, vv swimming academy...anyone ???

10. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Aquatic complex in velachery is really good.I took classes and i am a member there.Very safe for ladies and good and clean water.Even they have ladies timing morning 10 to 12.They adhere to it.