1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How can i help my son???

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by vijeta, Jun 7, 2008.

1. vijeta

vijeta Senior IL'ite

hai friends,

i have one son , 10years old. he is in fourth std. he is very brilliant student. but he is not concentrate in any things.
    not only in studies, in playing also he is only in hurry to do any thing. i didnt know to say about him. he is very lazy to do work.
    like if u say him bring me a water he answered my legs are paining, if u say do drawing anything else in free times
    he will say i am boring . his handwriting is very poor he is not listening to do handwriting practice. if u say if he do his study properly then u will give some gift, he didnt complete his studies but he is started crying to get the gift.his spelling skill is also very poor. so i am trying to keep in phonetics class.
    he wants to finish it up quickly and run away. he is not ready to see it again what he did. in this way he is losting his marks
    also . and he has no feelings of me or his father.
    he is not listening any body. if scold him he doesnt care of you. he wants to do what he wants only in any way.
    please friends , help me how can i teach my son, how can i bring him in right route. ?? please give me suggestions

vijeta

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijeta,

You have mentioned that your son is very brilliant and then you say that he dosen't do anything or listen to anyone.

Please ponder over the foll points:

- Since how long has he been behaving in this manner??
    - Did any incident happen before his behaviour changed
    - have you been nagging him too much
    - do both of you give him enough quality time to your son.
    - do you guys pressurise him to do/perform better.

I am sure other moms would also give their valuable inputs. But atleast start with the above points and be honest in answering them.

If you get a clue from that great otherwise we will work further on this.

All the best
    Roopa.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Vijeta,
    I would suggest that you take your son to a counsellor or get an assessment done . This will show if he is dyslexic or has any other such small problems which could be easily rectified with help. Do get in touch with your paed. and he will suggest the right person to be contacted.
    My son used to be very restless and uncontrollable. I was upset and insisted that he be tested and then we found that he had Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. Then I took the help of psychiatrist and now he is in the Plus 2 and has come over all those problems. Please act immediately.

4. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear Vijeta
    Take him immediately to a doctor. He may be a dyslexic. Pls done hurt him, beat him or keeps on scolding him.
    All the best
    Uma

5. vijeta

vijeta Senior IL'ite

6. vijeta

vijeta Senior IL'ite

hai

thanks for ur suggestion.

vijeta

7. vijeta

vijeta Senior IL'ite

hai uma,

thanks.

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijeta,

Does your son know that you are not his biological parents??
    Do you treat your daughter and son at par. Does he feel neglected.
    Talk to him and ask him what he wants to do in life. Many may feel its too early to ask such questions...but today the kids are very clear as to what they want.
    Does his own parents live with you or you live separately.
    Maybe you can take help of a child counsellor.
    How does he behave in school.

Please visit the website EFT Provides Impressive Health and Emotional Freedom--New Discovery Often Works Where Nothing Else download the mannual and see if you feel you can put it to good use. If you need any help on that let me know.

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Vijetha,
    Like Roopa have asked you, I too have the similar questions. If he is your adopted son, have you told him that he is so. How he is calling his own biological parents and you both.

You have said that you live in a joint family, then I assume that his parents also are in the same house, if so how is his relationship with them. Does he sleep with them or with you or does he have a separate room.

If you could answer me these questions, I think I could discuss some more details with you.

All at the same time, like Varloo and Uma have suggested you could also take him to a doctor. But before taking him there, you need to make analysis of your own and also of him. As Roopa have said, you could ask him what he really wants and why he is so.

More over you say that if you ask him water he says that his legs are paining, let me ask you do you ask your daughter also to bring you water at times? Also do you compare your son with your daughter?

Pls answer me these questions.

10. vijeta

vijeta Senior IL'ite

hi roopa,

yes he knows . i am treating both of them same manner. his parents are also with us.
    he is really masti child in his class. only in study he is feeling very bored. he isvery happy to play and watching tv. when i called him for studies. his face will changed like a cryful.
    i will take him to a child counsellor. thanks for ur suggestions.