1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

L.k.g

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by thenmozhi07, Jul 22, 2015.

1. thenmozhi07

thenmozhi07 Silver IL'ite

hi
    my DD joined in L.K.G in this june.school commenced on june 15 only.DD is not interested in writing.within 1 month they completed 1 to 10.alphabets cap n small till G. within this 1 month the classteacher complained about 5 times that my DD is not writing.HM also complains that she is not writing and she will be given TC if she continues not writing.most of the kids goes to play school n writes well.even myDD went.there they taught writing also.but she is lil adamant.i too didnt force her.i thought the school will correct this.it is a girls only school.strength is 50.class teacher blames my DD for everything.i dont know wat they expect from a kid within one month time.they tells me to teach well at home.if i teach at home y she should go to school.this prob makes me mad n much worry.pls share ur sugg.

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

OP : seriously for LKG.. I am just fuming on your school and teachers. Feel sad for you DD too.. I mean she is a 4yrs old and why the heck she should learn everything in one month. What will she be doing the rest of her life? Are you sure that is the school for her? I visualize kid of her age running around park and playing care free not confined to four walls and holding a pencil and paper and writing the whole day.

Your school need to work with kids on her age and not complain about it so many times. If that does not work its time you go for school shopping.

4 people like this.
  3. thenmozhi07

thank u for your fb...this is a convent n most famous school in my place.it is tough to get admission.but this system is not fare.i will wait till the end of this academic year.same thing cont i ll decide to change

4. gankita

gankita Silver IL'ite

I can totally relate and understand this. Going through same situation.
    me too doesn't want to force my child to write and keep up with teachers unfair expectations. don't know how to handle.
    in ukg, they almost completed counting till 200 and dicatations like cat, mat, hat, for for ukg:bang
    ukg syllabus has vowels too..seriouslly??? iam shocked:bang

1 person likes this.
  5. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

I second everything @Chitravivek said.. Why do most schools in India put undue pressure on little kids.. It is high time they take action on this issue... I am really furious at this.. My SIL's daughter (4 year old) is going through the same thing and we (me and DH) are watching it helplessly.. My SIL and her H were almost convinced by the school that their DD is not interested in studies and will turn out to be a below average student.. I am glad they decided to change the school.. but it is highly difficult to get admission now in July for this academic year..

6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Could you look out for other schools? Preferably a montessori setting. The teachers and the head teacher sound like complete twats. Please don't be bullied by that worthless lot.

1 person likes this.
  7. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Op,

Unfortunately, what I have seen in India is that the more famous and well known the convent school the more the teachers and HM there will behave like this. They really have lot of arrogance and head weight if their school is well known. Really happy to see you are keeping a cool head and not getting affected by their prodding. Try to ask around and get referrals for other good schools from now itself.

1 person likes this.
  8. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

What I know is kid should learn writing before she comes in 1st class....put ur dd in another school...they are making pressure unnecessarily

9. thenmozhi07

:eek:mg:thanks all for the replies.as sandhya said their r very proud of their school and does not hav respect for parents feelings.if v ask anything boldly the only reply is ur child wont be in this school.i my dd school got the same answer when i asked the hm regarding this issue .next year surely i ll change the school
    many parents hav the same feeling but does not hav the guts to ask them.no unity among parents
    the only plus is our child is studying in a prestigiouus ins they think.no care or concern

10. CuteCherry

CuteCherry Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I am also in the same situation, my kid is 3.7 years old, and we joined him into LKG, by this 27th he will complete one month in school.
    But in the school they already completed up to G and small g. Numbers up to 15, orally up to 45.My kid can write in slate or in paper up to G and 10, but he is feeling difficult(not willing) to write in 4 lines note.
    I am in dilemma and thinking to put him in nursery, as I can feel his pressure:(. Please pour your suggestions.