1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to teach spellings for lkg

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by wings2010, Mar 3, 2015.

1. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Last time when I came up with an issue you all made me confident with your wisdom and experience. Now I should know how to teach spellings or to make my son to read,I am not sure that whether they taught phonetics before giving number names 1 to 10 in school. My son tell number names up to four but he memorized in order it seems,how to make him understand n make him tell spelling of numbers asked at any order.

Thanks
    Wings

2. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

Number names in LKG?....y not teach logarithms also?
    Mostly in Nursery they teach lines and strokes and habituate children of books and writing. In LKG come letters capital and small and numbers 1 to 10. I think its too soon for the kid to learn Number names in LKG. But if the school is teaching so let him memorize in some particular order as the kids are good at memorizing at that age.

1 person likes this.
  3. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

I agree, its too early for him to learn reading the number names. Though I am not talking about exceptional cases, where i have heard of kids who can read(big words like watermelon) at the age of 3 years.

You can start with teaching him phonetics. Later on this will help in teaching him, which word starts with which alphabet, slowly this way he will be able to say, 1 starts with "O", 2 starts with "T", etc. But let him take his time and learn, do not push.

4. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

Ha ha ha....believe it or not ..they have tables in their syllabus for ukg in current year. Here all kids are coping for syllabus and good in vocabularies. My son is OK but we both won't force him but I want the ways or proper method of teaching.I like your anger....neyamaanadhu.

1 person likes this.
  5. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

Which school is this?thinkingsmiley

6. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

I think u live in bangalore, u may know about how things happen in schools here. Yes I will do that but where this boy listens, always play play and TV or cartoon. If I call for studies he has 1000 reasons to escape..also he all act like sleeping..my god. Only in school he observes ..that's it. I too left as this is age for fun but I am concerned that he should not lag behind.

Thanks

7. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

I don't wanna reveal here. Its one of international school only..its nice one located in kundanahalli. U might come to know by now

8. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

Don't worry he will catch up. If he can make up 1000 reasons at this age, he is smart enough. doh1

2 people like this.
  9. minjagan

minjagan Gold IL'ite

Yeah in Bangalore. it is too much i say.
    My Son is in Nursery now.. He started writing capital letters.
    When we went for his interview for LKG admission, they are expecting him to know small letters alphabets also. In this 2 months, i need to teach him.

1 person likes this.
  10. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

interview for lkg admission.........:shock: