1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

pongal crafts

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by surekhasrinivas, Nov 26, 2014.

1. surekhasrinivas

surekhasrinivas New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am a new member here.I have a seven year old and a five year old.
    I am supposed to give a presentation about a December festival we celebrate in India. Since there are no major festivals for us in December I chose to do pongal instead. Now I have to do some craft related to it and I am not sure what I can do with a bunch of first graders.it should be simple and not complicated.can any of you give some suggestions?I scoured the entire internet and do have couple of ideas.
    But they all take some time and a,bit tough.so I would appreciate any input from anyone.

Thanks.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sureka, Pongal usually represents the early spring season. Perhaps some craft which represents the early flowers/ plants and buds will do great. Since you say first graders, you can make a cardboard tree with budding leaves, some fire wood, some kites etc will work excellent.
    Is this going to be for US based school?

3. surekhasrinivas

surekhasrinivas New IL'ite

Thanks for you reply.yes its for u s based school.I have 15 min for 20 kids to do craft

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dollar store is the place to go. Get some foam shapes and pre-cut the tree shapes. Get some stickers of flowers/ leaves. Ask them to stick on the trees. In that limited time, i think it would be hard to pull off anything complicated.