1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to tackle this

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Stressfull, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

Hello all,

I want some advices regarding my son, he is 6 yrs old going for kindergarten, we are living in a foreign land. His school is for just 3 hours. I have joined him in some activity classes too.

Now the problem is we had a group of six families whom we all go for near by outings regularly. They all are having two children. Elder children all are from 9-11 yrs group and the younger children are my sons age group. Now coming to the main problem as my son is single child every body is taking advantage of him and trying to bully him. sometimes they all will play nice, but some times they start creating groups and starts to exclude my son. He will start complaining then I must intervene and make them join my son. It has become routine.

I don't know whether it is a problem or not, but everytime my son complains im feeling so much pain. The problem is sometimes he will not obey their instuctions in play time so they start excluding him. He is left out, before he used to cry a lot but I explained him crying infont of them will only allow them to bully you more. He got the point now he is not crying, and trying to adjust with them but still there r some complaints.

Now what I want to know is what is my limitation in intervening in childrens group. My dh is saying don't think too much about it in a course of time he will learn everything and don't over interfere in children things every time he complains. But I don't want my son feeling neglected from our side also. Also in future I want him to trust me to share his feelings.

My dh is saying Im being over protective for my son. It is not good for his future. And one more thing my son wants sibling badly but god is not blessing us with the second child. Every time there was gathering, he will ask innocently all r having their siblings, why im not having my little brother or sister. My heart is breaking.

sry for the long post pls advice me friends.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Replied to the same post in relationship section