1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I need some help in knowing about education system!!!!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by ragk, Sep 3, 2014.

1. ragk

ragk New IL'ite

Hi,

I have a son who turns 5 this thanksgiving day. We recently moved to Arlington Heights,IL. He is attending a private kindergarten in one of the schools because he did 2 yrs of schooling (preschool/pre-k) in his previous school.

I need to know some information like since he is doing his kindergarten what will be the next step i.e will go to 1st grade or kindergarten again.

If somebody could shed some light on this, that would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Each school district varies. But generally, in IL the child has to be 5 by the 31st of August to enroll in KG. They sometimes give a 10 day grace period but the child has to take a to see if he/she is capable of being in KG. When you leave the private school what you can ask is if they will issue you with a letter that states that your child was in KG and is eligible for 1st.

Personally, I would advice you to try and get admission only in KG because he not even be 5 in a class where the average age is 6. But also be mentally prepared to be told that your child is not ready for school because of his age. I have friends who have been told not to rush their kids education.

Hope this was helpful. But again, as I mentioned, it would be best to talk with the principal of the school you will be attending and see what will happen.

3. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

In Florida September 1 is the age counting day. Talk to the principal of your chosen
    school ,she is the best person to answer your question.